Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously had reported that a legal representative of Kathryn Mayorga, who alleged that Cristiano Ronaldo bedded her without her consent, says another woman is also claiming she was forcefully assaulted by football star.
Peter S Christiansen, an attorney who is based in Las Vegas where the attack was alleged to have taken place in 2009, insisted the sexual encounter in a hotel penthouse was consensual.
In his statement, Mr. Christiansen points out that the out-of-court settlement was not an admission of guilt. "What happened was simply that Cristiano Ronaldo merely followed the advice of his advisers in order to put an end to the insulting accusations made against him in order to avoid attempts, such as those now witnessed, to destroy a reputation built thanks to intense work, great athleticism and ethically impeccable behaviour".
He said the hacker then "tried to sell such information" after "significant parts" had been "altered and/or completely forged".
The lawyer did not make clear exactly which "portions".
Ronaldo has "vehemently" denied the rape allegation made by Mayorga, saying he had "consensual" relations with his accuser.
Attorneys for Mayorga said last week they may publicly release some of the documents as proof of their authenticity.
He denies doing so, and lawyers representing him said on Wednesday in a statement that "documents which purportedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo are complete fabrications".
Several buildings in Bali damaged following quake
The decision to end the search has angered some relatives of the missing but taxi driver Rudy Rahman, 40, said he had to accept it.
"Given the breach of that agreement by the other side and the inflammatory accusations that have been lodged in the ensuing days, Mr. Ronaldo feels compelled to no longer stand silent", Christiansen said in his statement.
A Thursday email statement from attorneys Leslie Stovall and Larissa Drohobyczer (droh-HO'-bit-zer) challenges Ronaldo's Las Vegas lawyer to prove his claim that documents were altered, fabricated or inaccurate.
"We have no reason to believe that those documents are not authentic", Der Spiegel spokesman Michael Grabowski said.
The Portuguese newspaper said that one of the main arguments Ronaldo will use in his defence is that Real Madrid forced him to come to the agreement with the American woman and that the lawyers for the Portuguese star and Real Madrid met many times in order to come up with the best strategy to respond to the case.
In August, her attorneys asked Las Vegas police to reopen an investigation that had been closed in 2009 without charges.
"It concludes by saying that: "[Ronaldo] is confident that the truth will survive this frenzy and the laws of Nevada will be upheld and enforced".
A lawsuit filed September 27 in Nevada state court seeks to void the non-disclosure agreement that Mayorga's attorneys say she signed while accepting $375,000 to keep quiet. Ronaldo denies the rape accusation.
Ronaldo, now a Juventus player, is a five-time victor of FIFA's men's player of the year award and one of the wealthiest footballers in the world.
- Will Smith reveals first post for Disney's 'Aladdin'
- Princess Eugenie and family arrive in Windsor day before royal wedding
- Dubai-Bound AI Flight Hits Trichy Airport Wall, Passengers Safe
- Jose Mourinho's touchline comments may be investigated by lip reader
- Africa's youngest billionaire kidnapped in Tanzania
- Space crew survives plunge to Earth after Russian rocket fails
- Children having inadequate sleep risk mental illness - Psychiatrist
- USC closes campus ahead of Hurricane Michael
- NY Giants: If Not Traded, Ereck Flowers Will Be Released On Tuesday
- Stardew Valley to deliver your farming fix on iOS, Android soon