Instagram is taking a stand against cyber-bullying.
A spokesperson from Instagram provided an example."An example of a bullying tactic that the photo technology detects is comparing, ranking, and rating images and captions, such as split-screen images where a person is compared to another person in a negative way", said spokesperson David Troya-Alvarez.
The social media platform has today launched two new anti-bullying tools that will aim to keep its young users safe from online harassment. When encountering such instances, the AI technology will detect the photos and won't act as an executioner but instead, it will forward such uploads to the human reviewers who will review and flag the photos and videos as appropriate or inappropriate.
The move comes alongside new kindness camera effects on the photo sharing app in a bid to promote more positivity, as the United Kingdom prepares to mark Anti Bullying Week in November and the U.S. carries out its National Bullying Prevention Month throughout October.
Cyclone Titli: Evacuation ordered in 5 Odisha districts
Odisha's Gopalpur reported 102 kmph wind velocity and Andhra Pradesh's Kalingapatnam reported 56 kmph surface wind speed. It is likely to weaken gradually only after re-curving northeastward to move towards Gangetic West Bengal.
"Online bullying is complex", Mosseri wrote in a blog post, recognizing that the current system of reporting and removing content that violates company guidelines isn't enough. First, it was anti-cyberbullying attempted in captions and comments and now, Instagram is rolling out a feature that will use AI to block off bullying photos and videos on the platform too.
Recently, Mosseri replaced Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger as the new head who abruptly announced their departure in September. According to Mosseri, the new add-on has been deployed and will continue to roll out in coming weeks. If you follow Ziegler, you get the effect automatically.
Apart from that, a filter that enables Instagram users to detect and hide predatory remarks from Instagram feeds or profiles was extended to comments on live videos, Mosseri added. Your tagged friend will be notified as per usual, and they can then share this post to their own story, or "spread kindness" with a selfie of their own.
- Channing Tatum Is Dating Singer Jessie J Following Jenna Dewan Split
- How Google+ put thousands of users at risk
- What Alex Cora Expects From Rick Porcello In Game 4 Against Yankees
- Jose Mourinho's touchline comments may be investigated by lip reader
- Razer Phone 2: Release date, Price & Specs
- 'That was a quick flight': Crew of failed rocket keeps cool
- Interpol chief Meng Hongwei under investigation, China says
- Malaysia to abolish death penalty
- Hurricane Michael leads to unimaginable destruction: 17 chilling photos
- BCCI announces India squad for first 2 ODIs against Windies