McConnell described protesters "literally storming the steps of the Capitol and the Supreme Court", confronting Republicans at restaurants and shouting from the Senate visitors' galleries during last week's debate and vote on Kavanaugh. Henderson said they all relate to the hearings, not to his conduct as a judge.
The new justice dived into his new job, asking a handful of questions in the first arguments of the day following a traditional welcome from Chief Justice John Roberts, who wished Kavanaugh "a long and happy career in our common calling". Tymkovich was on President Donald Trump's list of possible Supreme Court nominees. He added Monday that the fight over Kavanaugh, particularly that his nomination was stymied by unproven allegations, injected the GOP with an "adrenaline shot that we had not been able to figure out how to achieve in any other way". They only "seek investigations. of the public statements he has made as a nominee to the Supreme Court", Henderson said in a statement.
"The situation is highly unusual, legal experts and several people familiar with the matter said", The Washington Post explained on Saturday.
Trump on 831 Stock Market Drop: Fed Has Gone Crazy
Trump said earlier this week that he thought the central bank was moving too quickly with a series of planned interest rate hikes. Despite Wednesday's sell-off, the S&P 500 would still need to more than double its losses. "I think the Fed has gone insane ".
The existence of misconduct complaints and the procedure can be disclosed, according to the rules, "when necessary or appropriate to maintain public confidence in the judiciary's ability to redress misconduct or disability".
Merrick Garland, the chief judge of the D.C. Circuit, typically deals with ethics complaints, but he apparently stepped aside from complaints against Kavanaugh.
Such complaints are usually confidential unless the judicial council investigating issues a public report about its findings.
Last weekend DC Circuit Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson mentioned the complaints in a news release.
- Scottish couple named as Majorca flood victims
- Astronauts Make Emergency Landing After Booster Failed
- Cute flaccid myelitis: Three new cases of rare polio-like illness emerge
- Hands on with Google's Home Hub: The smart speaker for everything
- Prison reform, Chicago violence on menu for Kanye-Trump White House lunch
- Selena Gomez Hospitalized For 'Emotional Breakdown'
- U.S. senators trigger human rights probe over missing Saudi journalist
- Samsung Galaxy A9 quad-camera detailed: tele, standard, wide, depth
- Tyson Fury Needs To Enroll In The WBC Clean Boxing Program
- New Nokia smartphone will hit the market with megadoppler