Storm Callum is set to hit the United Kingdom later this week, bringing heavy rain and gale-force winds up to 80mph, as the Met Office says there is a danger to life.
"In particular, as the worst of this storm looks likely to hit overnight, motorists could wake up on Friday morning to debris and fallen trees on a number of routes".
The zone of heavy rain affecting England and Wales on Friday is expected to slowly move northwards on Saturday, with the focus of heaviest rainfall slowly moving away from south Wales but increasingly into parts of Scotland.
"Both Friday and Saturday will be wet and windy days for Shropshire, with bursts of heavy rain at times".
An amber warning for heavy rain has been issued for most of south Wales on Friday, as Storm Callum approaches. The main concern we are anxious about for the area is the amount of rainfall throughout Saturday itself.
"There is the also the risk of coastal flooding due to high tides and surge".
Selena Gomez Hospitalized For 'Emotional Breakdown'
The website claims she is now being treated with dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) at an East Coast psychiatric facility. Reports say that Gomez "freaked out" after learning about her condition and attempted to rip an IV tube from her arm.
Meanwhile, Met Eireann has issued an orange warning for gale-force winds of up to 80mph for all the coastal counties in the Republic of Ireland on Thursday and Friday. "In addition, leaves and twigs, brought down by the wind, could block drains and culverts, increasing the likelihood of flooding". The Western Isles could get another hit of severe gales and high gusts on Saturday afternoon, again not as stormy as on Friday but worth bearing in mind.
Gary White, NRW's Duty Tactical Manager, said: "The current forecasted rain could cause flooding this week, especially in south and west Wales, and we are urging people to prepare themselves".
The Met Office is also warning of possible disruption to transport services.
Higher wind speeds will impact all areas of the province, with exposed coasts and hills the worst affected. "There could be localised flooding issues".
Due to the threat of coastal flooding, Arriva Trains Wales and Network Rail are closing the Swansea to Carmarthen line from 07:00 BST to 11:00 and after 19:00.
- Michael: Most violent United States hurricane since 1969
- Astronauts Make Emergency Landing After Booster Failed
- Joe Giudice Will Be Deported After Prison Release - How Did He React?
- Samsung Galaxy A9 is the First Quad-Camera Phone
- PGA CIMB Classic Odds 10/8/18, Who Do Oddsmakers Favor?
- Federer's dire warning for 'borderline' Nick Kyrgios
- U.S. senators trigger human rights probe over missing Saudi journalist
- Nikkei plunges by over 1000 points in afternoon trading
- Tyson Fury Needs To Enroll In The WBC Clean Boxing Program
- Prison reform, Chicago violence on menu for Kanye-Trump White House lunch