Gillandeux suffered breaks to both the tibia and fibula of his left leg and was taken to the hospital by Sano, according to Duran. Duran said Sano was never charged with a crime because he did not leave the scene. The two knew each other beforehand and Sano offered to pay his medical expenses. According to the police report, Sano had "no documents on him and the truck had no plates" and "ran over a cop's foot and leg". Sano was initially detained by police for several hours after the accident but was then released after agreeing to return on Monday to be issued a citation to appear in traffic court. "It is a formality when someone is injured in a vehicular accident. Neither the agent nor the national police plan to charge Sano with anything".
"The facts of the incident are not completely available right now but the club is in the process of gathering as much information as possible", Twins spokesman Dustin Morse told ESPN.
Fernando Alonso: My Japanese Grand Prix penalty shows how bad F1 is
Asked to clarify what he meant, he replied: "In the decisions, in the randomness, in the pure consistency". Stroll was handed two points on his superlicence, taking his tally for the rolling 12 month period to six.
The accident was another bump in what has been a rocky road for the former All-Star, who was accused of sexual assault by a female photographer last December, although no charges were filed.
Hopefully for Twins fans, nothing comes of this incident and Sano is back and ready to play for the 2019 season.
Sano hit.199 with 13 home runs and 41 RBI this season.
- Google announces Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro images reveal awesome 'waterdrop' style notch screen
- Google Unveils The Pixel 3
- Borderlands 2 VR announced for December release
- Trump silent as the United Nations warns of climate change catastrophe
- #HimToo memes go viral after mom mortifies son with tweet
- Spock Is Here, And Bearded, In The New Star Trek: Discovery Trailer
- Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks Lead 2019 Hall of Fame Nominees
- Ballon d'Or 2018: Ronaldo, Courtois nominated but De Gea misses out
- Strictly Come Dancing's Seann Walsh and Katya Jones apologise for 'drunken kiss'