An American mother's attempt to use her son in support of the #HimToo counter-campaign has not quite gone to plan, with it firstly shot down by her own sons and then lampooned by the rest of the world. "He graduated #1 in boot camp", the tweet read.
His brother had earlier come to his defence, saying: "My mom is insane, he never said any of those things". A Twitter fiasco ensued and Hanson later had to do damage control. "It won't go on dates with girls because it's a giant mass of incandescent gas and therefore too hot to handle".
His brother Jon has since spoken with Huffington Post, explaining that while their mother had "good intentions", Pieter never told her he's scared to date and was so upset about the situation he is yet to speak to her directly, allegedly asking a family member to instruct her to take the tweet down.
"It doesn't represent me at all", Hanson told The Washington Post of his mother's tweet. He won't go on solo dates due to the current climate of false accusations of taking the last slice of pizza. I respect and believe women. Sometimes the people we love do things that hurt us without realising it.
The tweet had been widely shared, immediately casting him as the poster boy for the #HimToo movement.
Others soon followed, with a parody of comedian Nathan Fielder proving a particular highlight - but credit must go to comedy writer Emlyn Crenshaw for her creative effort.
"I still love her".
Huawei Mate 20 Pro images reveal awesome 'waterdrop' style notch screen
The Mate 20 Pro has now been spotted on a benchmarking website, and unsurprisingly, the numbers hint at a powerhouse of a device. According to the reports, the standard variant of the Huawei Mate 20 will not be available in all the major smartphone markets.
She posted the now-deleted tweet on the day Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court, after a confirmation process that featured accusations of sexual misconduct.
"I feel awful for what Justice Brett Kavanaugh and his family have gone through, but I am glad the left has been exposed for their dirty tactics".
Unfortunately for her, #HimToo caught on - and quickly became Twitter's newest favorite meme.
The tweet, and account, has since been deleted. "She's my mum. What she said was pretty inflammatory, but I want to make sure it doesn't come back harsh on her".
- Monday night, 32-year-old Pieter texted the tweet to his brother, Jon, who like most brothers responded to the "ridiculous tweet" with laughter. "She said she is calling the police". His brother is a cancer survivor.
A Navy vet is speaking out after his mom accidentally turned him into a viral meme attacking the #MeToo movement. "He's an incredible person, and he's my personal hero".
- Google pulls out of $10 billion Pentagon cloud contract over AI concerns
- Elliott gets redemption from 2017, gets elusive Dover win - 47abc
- Jaguars turn to former Chiefs great Jamaal Charles for running back help
- Forecasters: Michael quickly closing in on Category 3 hurricane
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Premiere Ratings Lowest Since 2010
- First five nominees for Ballon d'Or announced
- Islamabad to start talks with International Monetary Fund for bailout loan
- Google Unveils The Pixel 3
- Google Home Hub hands-on: Big AI in a small smart display
- American Music Awards: See Photos From the Red Carpet