In a statement, company CEO Oliver Blume said: "Porsche is not demonising diesel".
Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) Porsche will stop offering diesel versions of its cars, the unit said on Sunday, sharpening its focus on hybrid and battery-powered vehicles instead.
Blume's statement comes months after Porsche stopped taking orders for its diesel variants in February, roughly 10 years after its first diesel vehicle hit the roads.
For Porsche, diesel sales were only a small fraction of its overall sales.
Porsche's chief executive says the sports auto maker won't produce any new diesel models in the wake of parent company Volkswagen's diesel emissions scandal.
"The diesel crisis has caused us a lot of trouble", Blume said, months after Germany's Federal Transport Authority ordered the recall of almost 60,000 Porsche SUVs in Europe.
Time's Up calls for walkout following Brett Kavanaugh accusations
They also compared the current controversy to the sexual harassment allegations against Clarence Thomas by Anita Hill in 1991. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr.
Blume stated that the effects of the 2015 emissions scandal have affected the brand's image, despite it not making the engines itself, as it used Audi constructed powertrains.
Autocar revealed in February that the firm had discontinued its only two diesel models, the Macan S Diesel and Panamera 4S Diesel, due to a fall in customer demand and the introduction of stricter emissions tests. The diesel engine is aimed at a different driving experience.
Mr Blume added: "That also means that there will be no more diesels from Porsche in the future".
Porsche will be launching next year its first fully electric vehicle, the Taycan, opening a new front for the brand.
Porsche has sold diesel versions of its cars for almost a decade. "The diesel crisis has caused us a lot of trouble".
"It's important to us that motors can be run in a sporting fashion", he said.
- Duke Shuts Down Wilmington Plant Surrounded By Flood Waters
- Details of Thursday hearing for Kavanaugh accuser to be set
- Joshua ready for Wilder but promoter wants no more Deontay delay
- Objection withdrawn! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to PC
- Tiger's journey from last-chance saloon to Tour victor once more
- China cancels trade talks with US
- Sir Alex Ferguson given rapturous welcome on return to Old Trafford
- Josh Gordon Headlines Patriots' Inactives vs. Lions
- Second Woman Makes Kavanaugh Sex Misconduct Claim: New Yorker
- Earl Thomas sits out practice for personal reasons, game status unknown