Weather forecasters say Tropical Storm Kirk has formed in the eastern Atlantic and is moving rapidly westward.
Maximum sustained winds are near 40 miles per hour (65 km/h) with higher gusts. Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center expect Kirk to move westward across the deep tropical Atlantic. "Some strengthening is expected through Sunday with little change in intensity forecast on Monday and Tuesday", the NHC stated in its 11a.m. public advisory. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 35 miles, mainly to the northwest of the center.
Tropical Depression Eleven is still expected to dissipate in the next day or so, without causing problems for land, the center said.
India engages with US to ensure energy security amid Iran sanctions
The United States has demanded that nations cut all their Iranian oil imports when sanctions on the country's petroleum sector over Tehran's nuclear program are re-imposed on November 4.
But by mid-week, those upper-level winds are expected to kick in again, which would stifle further development as the system moves closer to the southeastern coast of the United States. Satellite imagery indicates that a non-tropical low pressure system is forming along a frontal boundary about 900 miles west-southwest of the Azores. Isaac then weakened to a tropical storm as it passed through the Lesser Antilles, though it did produce heavy rainfall.
The 2018 tropical season ends November 30.
- Jimmy Butler Granted Permission To Skip Wolves' Media Day
- Octopuses Get Strangely Cuddly On The Mood Drug Ecstasy
- Michael Cohen Conducts Hours Of Interviews With Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel
- Crude Oil Price Steady Following Inventory Report
- Greek Beach Completely Covered in Giant Spider Webs
- Cruz to Take on Senate Challenger O'Rourke in Debate
- President Trump visits Carolinas to survey Hurricane Florence damage
- 24 killed, dozens wounded in 'terrorist' attack in Iran
- NASA telescope discovers 2 new planets 5 months after launch
- Tiger Woods leads Tour Championship by 3 after third-round 65