In a statement in 2016, Golden Goose defended itself by saying that it is proud to pioneer the booming distressed look which the company said has become one of the biggest trends in fashion.
Comedian Christine Sydelko tweeted, "there are people in the world wearing plastic bags as shoes because they can't afford any but these disgusting things are selling for $500 the fashion industry is truly so f***ing stupid".
Some think that the taped-up sneakers are weird and overpriced.
Manufactured by Italian high fashion sneaker brand "Golden Goose", the sneakers with "crumply, hold-it-all-together tape" are being called out for glorifying poverty.
Octopuses Get Strangely Cuddly On The Mood Drug Ecstasy
MDMA, has always been known as a party drug that inspires a sense of euphoria and empathy along with a desire to dance all night. The research team then logged the time spent in each chamber normally and again after the water in the tank was laced with MDMA.
Another person Tweeted, "The "Golden Goose" here is anyone who would consider paying $530 for these glorified poverty sneakers".
Worokya Duncan wrote to Nordstrom on Twitter, complaining that the shoes are "awful" and "insensitive". This is very bad. Insensitive. Who's in the room when pitching marketing ideas??' But purchasing new shoes with dirt and tape already on them - for more than $500 - is quite another. Rest assured your comments were shared with our teams. That my embarrassment & struggle is being marketed disgusts me'.
The Venice-based brand, which specifies on its websites that the shoes" laces are "intentionally worn' and that the sneakers are made of calf suede, also offers a $530 pair of suede boots with tape at the front and back of the shoes. Last year, the company sold a pair of jeans featuring fake mud for more than $400.
Instead if getting orders for the new range, the brand is receiving backlash with Twitter users calling their designs "offensive" and "distasteful".
- Emirates is said to explore Etihad deal to forge biggest airline
- Man arrested over 'horrific cruelty'
- 24 killed, dozens wounded in 'terrorist' attack in Iran
- Asia destinations expanded in Qantas, Cathay Pacific codeshare partnership
- Tiger Woods leads Tour Championship by 3 after third-round 65
- Greek Beach Completely Covered in Giant Spider Webs
- Get Rick-Rolled In The 'Ralph Breaks The Internet' Trailer 3
- Terrorist attack at Iranian military parade kills at least 10
- Comcast beats out Fox in auction for broadcaster Sky
- OnePlus 6 users in India get Android 9.0 Pie update