A blooper so huge, it is the size of its Boeing 777-367.
Eagle-eyed travellers spotted the mistake at Hong Kong International Airport and contacted the airline.
Twitter users quickly weighed in with their own takes on the typo, offering advice, jokes and memes. It operates in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, South East Asia, Middle East, Europe, Pacific and South Africa.
"We did not intend to make it a big fuss in the first place, but photos went viral within the aviation enthusiastic groups, so we just shared the hilarious moment with everyone".
Octopuses were Given MDMA by Scientists - Here’s how they Reacted
Also in that tank was another octopus that was confined to a cage - well, really an upside-down flower pot with holes in it. Whether that demonstrates an increase in something like love or affection for each other, though, is still up for debate.
While the company claimed it was an honest mistake, an engineer for aircraft management firm Haeco told the South China Morning Post he suspected the company may have intentionally made the mistake to get a little publicity, since it would be an extremely hard thing to happen by accident and it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix.
Everyone's made a typo in their life, including global airlines.
On the plane in question, "Cathay Paciic" was painted instead of the company's name. Perhaps someone lost the "F" stencil?
- New Chucky First Look Photo from Child’s Play Remake Released
- Is Rahul Gandhi fudging numbers to malign Modi government?
- Greek Beach Completely Covered in Giant Spider Webs
- Syria's Assad blames Israel over downing of Russian plane
- Octopuses Get Strangely Cuddly On The Mood Drug Ecstasy
- Hurricane Florence: Floods breach dam and may spill toxic ash into river
- Tiger Woods leads Tour Championship by 3 after third-round 65
- Paul Gosar's Siblings: What You Need to Know
- Thibodeau and owner Glen Taylor disagree on moving Butler
- Emirates is said to explore Etihad deal to forge biggest airline