"Sometimes it's a coincidence that you get the flu after getting the flu shot, but it's not because of the vaccine", said nurse Jones.
Annual flu vaccination is recommended for most adults and children six months and older.
It is also recommended that friends, family members and people who provide care to people in these groups also get a vaccine - not only to protect themselves but also to decrease the possibility that they might expose the people they love and care for to the flu.
If you get sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. For children, the CDC says the vaccine can be life-saving and reduces the risk for hospitalization.
Influenza season runs from October to May in IL.
Fee flu shots will be offered to the public starting September 28 at several libraries throughout the county.
Cleveland Wins! Browns fans get free beer
Bud Light couldn't be more thrilled for the Browns and the city of Cleveland as they savor the taste of this long awaited victory. After the win, Browns fans took to the streets to celebrate the first win for the franchise in almost two years.
The vaccine has been around for a few years, but officials hope its availability through the health department will allow more older people to know about it and have access to it. Vaccines "train" your immune system to resist a particular disease so it's ready to fight it if you come into contact with it again.
Vaccines to fight the flu can also protect women during and after pregnancy and protect a baby after delivery, the CDC said.
Last season was considered a high-severity flu season by the CDC, Auglaize Health Department Director of Nursing Brenda Eiting said. The peak of flu season comes sometime between December and February, but the season can last as late as May. "We strongly encourage all to get their flu shot and get it early, preferably before the end of October".
Epidemiologist supervisor Luis Cerda says the Laredo Health Department is making sure that the flu shots are available at both school districts in the coming weeks. The quadrivalent vaccine contains antigens from four strains of influenza virus.
4 has flu vaccinations available, and they are urging residents to get vaccinated to avoid flu related deaths.
Though the injectable vaccine is preferred, federal health officials have approved the use of a nasal spray flu vaccine this season. "We need to protect the elderly and the very young".
- Nuclear Pasta: Strongest Material in Universe Discovered in Neutron Star Crust
- Tilray gains United States government approval to import a medical cannabis study drug
- Unai Emery demands improvement from Arsenal players
- Google admits it lets hundreds of other companies access your Gmail inbox
- Apple store staff perform sales ritual at launch of iPhone XS
- Christine Blasey Ford is not the victim here -- Brett Kavanaugh is
- Storm Bronagh: UK braced for more disruption as Ali clean up continues
- Meghan Markle's mum Doria Ragland attends Grenfell charity cookbook launch
- India, Pakistan foreign ministers to meet on UNGA sidelines next week
- Thomas Meunier reveals what PSG need to copy from Liverpool team