"Sometimes it's a coincidence that you get the flu after getting the flu shot, but it's not because of the vaccine", said nurse Jones.
Annual flu vaccination is recommended for most adults and children six months and older.
It is also recommended that friends, family members and people who provide care to people in these groups also get a vaccine - not only to protect themselves but also to decrease the possibility that they might expose the people they love and care for to the flu.
If you get sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. For children, the CDC says the vaccine can be life-saving and reduces the risk for hospitalization.
Influenza season runs from October to May in IL.
Fee flu shots will be offered to the public starting September 28 at several libraries throughout the county.
5 people, including 3 infants, stabbed in Queens day care
One of girls is in a critical condition, but none of the injuries are believed to be life-threatening. None of the injuries are considered to be life-threatening, despite one of them being seriously hurt.
The vaccine has been around for a few years, but officials hope its availability through the health department will allow more older people to know about it and have access to it. Vaccines "train" your immune system to resist a particular disease so it's ready to fight it if you come into contact with it again.
Vaccines to fight the flu can also protect women during and after pregnancy and protect a baby after delivery, the CDC said.
Last season was considered a high-severity flu season by the CDC, Auglaize Health Department Director of Nursing Brenda Eiting said. The peak of flu season comes sometime between December and February, but the season can last as late as May. "We strongly encourage all to get their flu shot and get it early, preferably before the end of October".
Epidemiologist supervisor Luis Cerda says the Laredo Health Department is making sure that the flu shots are available at both school districts in the coming weeks. The quadrivalent vaccine contains antigens from four strains of influenza virus.
4 has flu vaccinations available, and they are urging residents to get vaccinated to avoid flu related deaths.
Though the injectable vaccine is preferred, federal health officials have approved the use of a nasal spray flu vaccine this season. "We need to protect the elderly and the very young".
- Spotify to let artists upload their music direct to the service
- Apple store staff perform sales ritual at launch of iPhone XS
- 3D-printed gunmaker accused of paying for underage sex goes missing
- Vietnamese President Quang Dies of Illness
- Nuclear Pasta: Strongest Material in Universe Discovered in Neutron Star Crust
- Cleveland Wins! Browns fans get free beer
- Anti-Kavanaugh Lawyer Claims Hearing Would Impede 'The Truth'
- Archaeologists may have found Captain Cook's Endeavour
- Meghan Markle's mum Doria Ragland attends Grenfell charity cookbook launch
- Liverpool legend slams Neymar and Mbappe after poor showing at Anfield