Jordan will play the book's protagonist, John Clark, in two separate movies.
The news of more Tom Clancy adaptations comes on the heels of a successful TV outing based on the popular author's works. Ahead of the show's premiere, Amazon had already ordered a second installment.
Clark, a.k.a. John Terrence Kelly, is an ex-Navy Seal-turned-operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency and would go on to appear in 17 novels starting with 1988's "The Cardinal of the Kremlin". The film's coming courtesy of Paramount Pictures, and will be produced by Akiva Goldsman alongside Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, and Jordan himself.
7 people, including children, shot at in NY
He said police could not yet say how many shooters there were, or whether it was a drive-by shooting or not. The website said ambulances were seen driving away from the scene with a police escort at about 9:15 pm.
Studio Paramount is now reportedly taking meetings with potential directors and writers for the Without Remorse film, so it sounds like it's still very early days. Jordan is a talented, charismatic star, and Clark is a good, solid character that hasn't been done to death like Jack Ryan. That book revealed Clark's backstory and history with the Central Intelligence Agency.
Previously, John Clark has been played by Willem Dafoe (Clear and Present Danger) and Liev Schreiber (The Sum of All Fears).
Paramount neared a deal to create a Without Remorse film back in 2012 and began exploring a Rainbow Six movie in 2017, but nothing came of either until now.
Clark was also the focus of "Rainbow Six", with followed his new task force and its mission to protect the world from its greatest terrorist threats. If Paramount's new flicks decide to acknowledge Siege's popularity, we could see Michael B. Jordan shooting baddies through walls or breaching the floor below to save a hostage. That makes this a ideal time to give John Clark the spotlight on the big screen for the first time.
- 3D-printed gunmaker accused of paying for underage sex goes missing
- Apple store staff perform sales ritual at launch of iPhone XS
- I Want to See What Kavanaugh Accuser Has to Say
- Nuclear Pasta: Strongest Material in Universe Discovered in Neutron Star Crust
- Buying Russian S-400 Missiles Could Mean Sanctions: US Amid India's Plans
- Florence portends more massive hurricanes in age of global warming
- Apple CEO's Defense Of iPhone Pricing Raises Questions
- Brexit talks are running out of time, top European Union official warns
- Mkhitaryan aiming for glory with Europa specialist Emery
- Vietnamese President Quang Dies of Illness