Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Musk and the diver, Vernon Unsworth, engaged in a public dispute in the midst of rescue attempts after Unsworth accused the billionaire entrepreneur of only offering to aid the efforts as a "PR stunt".
Musk also said it was suspect that the "British expat guy" was living in Thailand, referring to Thailand's reputation for sex tourism.
"As one of the highest-profile and wealthiest individuals in the world, Musk knew that this accusations against Mr. Unsworth would be conveyed to a worldwide audience and would result in the accusations receiving massive publicity", the lawsuit says.
Some hours later, Unsworth's lawyer replied to the tweet with a picture of a letter sent to Musk informing him he would be sued for libel.
Musk tweeted: "Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it".
But on 28 August, Mr Musk tweeted again, writing: 'You don't think it's unusual he hasn't sued me?
EPL: Why Liverpool beat us - Tottenham coach, Pochettino
This mature display marked them out as the most likely challengers to champions Manchester City. Now we have to prove that and do it again and again and again.
Musk's gadget had "absolutely no chance of working", Unsworth told CNN, adding that Musk had "no conception of what the cave passage was like".
'Together with Mr Unsworth, Mr Harper, Mr Volanthen, and Mr Stanton put together the dive portion of the rescue plan that ultimately saved the boys, ' the lawsuit said.
He also claimed Mr Unsworth was not a cave diver and that he hoped the Briton sued him. They reject allegations of pedophilia and say Unsworth has "never been married to a minor".
An email to Buzzfeed reporter Ryan Mac included the claim the Briton was a "child rapist", imploring the reporter to "find out what's actually going on" and suggesting the diver took no part in the cave rescue.
The 47-year-old billionaire who earlier this month faced investor ire over smoking marijuana on a live web show, has indicated in the past that Tesla's customers may face a longer response time because of a significant increase in vehicle delivery volume in North America. He met his current girlfriend in Thailand in 2011. He was the first foreign rescuer to arrive.
He recommended that the Thai government seek help from divers in the United Kingdom, and Mr Unsworth called friend and fellow diver Rob Harper.
The last soccer player was rescued July 8.
- Seahawks vs. Bears: Chicago, Seattle vying for first win of 2018
- Trump imposes tariffs on $200B more of Chinese goods
- Emmys: Rachel Brosnahan Urges Hollywood Elite to Get Out the Vote
- Marriage Proposal At The Emmys From Glenn Weiss
- Auction of luxury vehicles of PM House: 61 cars sold
- Is The U.S.-China Trade Conflict Finally Reaching Its Peak?
- Trump orders more Russia-related probe documents to be declassified
- Carson Wentz medically cleared, will make 2018 debut Sunday
- President Trump Slaps China With Additional $200 Billion Tariffs
- 6 dogs rescued from locked flooded kennel as Hurricane Florence waters rose