Tropical Storm Isaac, which passed between the Caribbean island nations of Dominica and Martinique late Wednesday and early Thursday, is now moving nearly due west across the eastern Caribbean Sea.
A small craft warning and high surf advisory will remain in effect.
"This storm is going to continue its violent grind across our state for days", North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper said.
Maximum sustained winds remain near 60 miles per hour (95 km/h) with higher gusts.
Olivia's maximum sustained winds are about 65 miles per hour, after the storm weakened from Category 1 strength, forecasters said. A turn to the west-northwest is possible early next week if Isaac survives.
Israel Attacks Damascus International Airport
The agency, without giving any immediate report of casualties or damage, posted footage of the air defences being activated. Israel struck in Syria on Saturday night, targeting an area near the airport in Damascus, Syrian state media reported.
Tropical Storm Issac was one of four weather systems rolling across the Atlantic Thursday, including the unsafe category 2 Hurricane Florence, which was packing winds of nearly 100mph as it headed towards the Carolinas on the east coast of the United States.
Isaac has weakened to tropical depression and could degenerate anytime now, but bands of rain from the system are continuing to affect the Lesser Antilles.
The government of France has issued a Hurricane Watch for Guadeloupe and Martinique.
Tropical Storm Isaac is now located over the eastern Caribbean Sea and is forecast to move south of Jamaica on Sunday, as a Tropical Depression.
Mapp, who spoke with the National Weather Service and Virgin Islands Emergency Management Agency officials again this morning, said two to four inches of rain are expected on St. Croix beginning Thursday evening. Coastal Flooding: Outside the Storm Surge Watch area, minor coastal flooding could occur around the time of each high tide Thursday and Friday.
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Montserrat, St Kitts, Nevis, Saba and St Eustatius. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- Maurizio Sarri invites John Terry to join Chelsea coaching staff
- Florence lumbers inland, leaving 5 dead, states flooded, World News & Top Stories
- Koreas open joint liaison office in North
- Galaxy's Ibrahimovic scores 500th career goal
- African swine fever cases in Western Europe spark concern
- Osaka not saddened by Serena row in US Open final
- Ohio State Claims Big Win Over Texas Christian: Twitter Reacts
- Hurricane Hunters flying into Florence as it heads for the Carolinas
- Matthew Perry Just Spent 3 Months in a Hospital Bed
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence continues battering US East Coast