Tropical Storm Isaac, which passed between the Caribbean island nations of Dominica and Martinique late Wednesday and early Thursday, is now moving nearly due west across the eastern Caribbean Sea.
A small craft warning and high surf advisory will remain in effect.
"This storm is going to continue its violent grind across our state for days", North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper said.
Maximum sustained winds remain near 60 miles per hour (95 km/h) with higher gusts.
Olivia's maximum sustained winds are about 65 miles per hour, after the storm weakened from Category 1 strength, forecasters said. A turn to the west-northwest is possible early next week if Isaac survives.
Hurricane Hunters flying into Florence as it heads for the Carolinas
It pushed natural gas demand down about 2% (roughly 1 Bcf/d) below pre-storm levels, according to Genscape Inc. On Sept. 11, 2017, 6.1 million customers in Florida, 59% of the state, had lost power.
Tropical Storm Issac was one of four weather systems rolling across the Atlantic Thursday, including the unsafe category 2 Hurricane Florence, which was packing winds of nearly 100mph as it headed towards the Carolinas on the east coast of the United States.
Isaac has weakened to tropical depression and could degenerate anytime now, but bands of rain from the system are continuing to affect the Lesser Antilles.
The government of France has issued a Hurricane Watch for Guadeloupe and Martinique.
Tropical Storm Isaac is now located over the eastern Caribbean Sea and is forecast to move south of Jamaica on Sunday, as a Tropical Depression.
Mapp, who spoke with the National Weather Service and Virgin Islands Emergency Management Agency officials again this morning, said two to four inches of rain are expected on St. Croix beginning Thursday evening. Coastal Flooding: Outside the Storm Surge Watch area, minor coastal flooding could occur around the time of each high tide Thursday and Friday.
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Montserrat, St Kitts, Nevis, Saba and St Eustatius. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- African swine fever cases in Western Europe spark concern
- 'Please be careful': NSW mum finds needles in strawberries
- Hurricane hunter to fly through Tropical Depression Isaac
- Galaxy's Ibrahimovic scores 500th career goal
- Swiss Confirm Russians Tried To Hack Lab Analyzing Skripal Samples
- Osaka not saddened by Serena row in US Open final
- Manchester City revenue tops £500m and profit soars
- Koreas open joint liaison office in North
- Government to cut down non-essential imports: Arun Jaitley
- Border Patrol Agent Arrested By Texas Police For Murdering Four Women