The Longhorns had $133 million in revenue and $87 million in profit, with the Wolverines recording $127 million revenue and $75 million profit.
Though this is the first ranking from the magazine since 2015, UT has always been atop Forbes's list. The Aggies edged out Texas, who had long held the title of the most valuable team in college football.
Forbes announced its annual valuation of college football programs Tuesday, and the Aggies lead all college football programs with $148 million in football revenue from 2014-16, and a profit of $107 million over that same time frame. That's largely thanks to a roughly $10 million per year deal the athletic department has with Nike and a TV contract with ESPN for the Longhorn Network that runs through 2031.
Florence 'unloading epic amounts of rainfall' in North Carolina
Morehead City, North Carolina , had received 23 inches (58 centimeters) of rain by Friday night with more torrents on the way. Three medical centers have been set up in North Carolina. "That's why I got this thing, to use in times like this", he said.
Third on the list is MI, followed by Alabama, and Ohio State. The top programs are known for bringing in serious revenue every single year.
A&M's rise to the top is mostly due to a major increase in contributions to the athletic department.
The Oregon Ducks were ranked 12th with revenues of $92 million and a profit of $54 million.
Their 2012 move to the Southeastern Conference didn't hurt either, as the league shelled out another $41 million to each member school.
- Crucial period for oil as Iran's exports shrink
- Taylor remains Browns' starting quarterback
- Florence disaster declared in North Carolina as flooding threat grows
- Gresham inactive, Nkemdiche healthy for Cardinals vs. Redskins
- Liverpool fans spotted what kept happening with Mane and Salah against Tottenham
- Mobile Launches iPhone Xs BOGO Deal and Free Voice Line
- Even as Florence weakens, flooding is still a major threat
- Nigeria's Finance Minister Adeosun resigns, Presidency says
- Hurricane Florence Reduces Its Intensity But Not Its Destructive Power
- Google might be teasing a mint color for the Pixel 3