Police have registered a case of rape and assault against the youth, Rohit Tomar. However since the provision was bailable, he was later released. "I have spoken to the Delhi Police Commissioner over the phone and directed him to take necessary action in this regard".
Delhi Police arrested Tomar on Friday after registering a case of rape against him in connection with the video.
When Tomar allegedly threatened her again, the woman again approached the police. Reportedly, the girl had broken off with the accused some three months back and he has been harassing her ever since.
In the video, Tomar is seen thrashing the woman when she threatened to file a police complaint against him.
Hungary to take legal steps against critical European Union ruling - PM Orban
Opposition parties hailed the EP's decision as a win for democracy that rejected the Hungarian government's illiberal policies. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, said that he would have voted for the measure if he was an MEP.
The video that has gone viral on the internet shows Rohit dragging the woman by her hair, throwing her onto the ground, kicking her, slapping her and using his knees and elbows.
His friend who was filming the assault can be heard saying: "Rohit, stop it..."
The person who recorded the video was Ali, a friend and classmate of Rohit's, who works at this call centre.
The police came to know about the viral video on September 13, according to an FIR lodged at a police station in North-West Delhi.
The woman, seen in the video shared widely on social media and shown on TV channels, told the police that Rohit Tomar called her to his friend's office in Uttam Nagar and raped her, Anto Alphonse, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka), said.
The woman seen targeted in the video was traced and convinced to file a case against him, the police said.
- Gresham inactive, Nkemdiche healthy for Cardinals vs. Redskins
- Israel demolishes recently built 'Wadi al-Ahmar' village
- Hurricane Florence: Storm weakens slightly, still risky
- Woodward: I'll release tapes of book interviews if source asks me to
- Obesity tops 35 percent in 7 U.S
- Manchester United's Jose Mourinho offers in-depth analysis defending Marcus Rashford treatment
- Canada and U.S
- Manchester City break £500 million revenue barrier
- 'Threat becomes reality': Florence begins days of rain, wind
- Manager Mauricio Pochettino demands more desire as Tottenham prepare for Liverpool