Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday accepted the resignation of Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun, who said she stepped down over allegations of using a forged certificate to avoid participation in the country's mandatory one-year national youth service scheme.
Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun has resigned from her position, 69 days after her certificate scandal.
The Daily Trust reports that Adeosun resigned on Friday, but not sure when the minister submitted her resignation letter.
FEMA chief under investigation over use of official cars
Long said FEMA is used to the blame game because disasters are frustrating and FEMA is always the end of the line. The news of the investigation comes as the east coast of the United States braces for Hurricane Florence .
"The Hon. Minister toed the path of honour by choosing to step down so that her NYSC Certificate issue is not used against the president and the party during the general elections by the opposition".
In a statement signed by its Co-convener, Ezenwa Nwagwu, the group said it has, through the legal instrument of the Freedom Of Information Act, written to the relevant authorities to respond to the allegations against the duo. "I believe that in line with this administration's focus on integrity, I must do the honourable thing and resign". The President thanked the Minister for her services to the nation and wished her well in her future pursuits.
The 58-year-old is also a former Exective Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI). But nevertheless, it took great courage for her to resign.
- Dolphins swimming in flood water caused by Hurricane Florence
- GM recalls 1M pickup trucks, SUVs over steering defect
- Obesity tops 35 percent in 7 U.S
- Manager Mauricio Pochettino demands more desire as Tottenham prepare for Liverpool
- Google's China plan spurs inquiry from U.S. lawmakers, staff departures
- Canadian pot users could get flagged at U.S. border
- On video, Delhi cop’s son thrashes woman; arrested after Rajnath Singh intervenes
- Google might be teasing a mint color for the Pixel 3
- Best Apple iPhone XS Max deals, price and pre-order info
- FEMA uses the Waffle House to determine a hurricane's intensity