AFP's correspondent in Damascus heard a loud blast, followed by several smaller explosions.
The Israeli military has declined to comment on the report but has in the past acknowledged carrying out scores of air strikes in the past, mainly against Iranian and Hezbollah targets..
The strike attributed to Israel also reportedly targeted several weapons storage rooms at the airport.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said Israel does not comment on foreign reports. Efforts were made to disguise the true goal of the buildings, the report said, with some of the warehouses labeled "United Nations" or "DHL", the global mail company, in an apparent effort to evade Israeli intelligence-gathering efforts. A war monitoring group said the attack targeted an arms depot for Iranian forces or Lebanon's Hezbollah group.
A.J. Green's trio of touchdown for the Cincinnati Bengals
I think our guys brought it to them tonight", said rookie safety Jessie Bates , per the team's official website. It's a great start, and they temporarily ended their recent skein in primetime games over the past few seasons.
An unnamed military source told Sana news agency on Saturday evening that the Syrian army had confronted an Israeli missile attack.
The agency, without giving any immediate report of casualties or damage, posted footage of the air defences being activated.
Israel rarely acknowledges attacks inside Syria, but has said it is its policy to employ military action to prevent weapons transfers to its enemies.
Earlier this month, Israel's Defense Forces said it carried out more than 200 airstrikes in Syria over the previous year, many of which Israel claimed were targeting Iranian positions and weapons convoys.
- Koreas open joint liaison office in North
- On video, Delhi cop’s son thrashes woman; arrested after Rajnath Singh intervenes
- Israel demolishes recently built 'Wadi al-Ahmar' village
- Liverpool fans spotted what kept happening with Mane and Salah against Tottenham
- State reports 3rd case of West Nile in horse population
- Nigeria's Finance Minister Adeosun resigns, Presidency says
- Florence 'unloading epic amounts of rainfall' in North Carolina
- On Puerto Rico, Trump Is Right
- Gresham inactive, Nkemdiche healthy for Cardinals vs. Redskins
- Taylor remains Browns' starting quarterback