AFP's correspondent in Damascus heard a loud blast, followed by several smaller explosions.
The Israeli military has declined to comment on the report but has in the past acknowledged carrying out scores of air strikes in the past, mainly against Iranian and Hezbollah targets..
The strike attributed to Israel also reportedly targeted several weapons storage rooms at the airport.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said Israel does not comment on foreign reports. Efforts were made to disguise the true goal of the buildings, the report said, with some of the warehouses labeled "United Nations" or "DHL", the global mail company, in an apparent effort to evade Israeli intelligence-gathering efforts. A war monitoring group said the attack targeted an arms depot for Iranian forces or Lebanon's Hezbollah group.
Florence 'unloading epic amounts of rainfall' in North Carolina
Morehead City, North Carolina , had received 23 inches (58 centimeters) of rain by Friday night with more torrents on the way. Three medical centers have been set up in North Carolina. "That's why I got this thing, to use in times like this", he said.
An unnamed military source told Sana news agency on Saturday evening that the Syrian army had confronted an Israeli missile attack.
The agency, without giving any immediate report of casualties or damage, posted footage of the air defences being activated.
Israel rarely acknowledges attacks inside Syria, but has said it is its policy to employ military action to prevent weapons transfers to its enemies.
Earlier this month, Israel's Defense Forces said it carried out more than 200 airstrikes in Syria over the previous year, many of which Israel claimed were targeting Iranian positions and weapons convoys.
- Even as Florence weakens, flooding is still a major threat
- Mobile Launches iPhone Xs BOGO Deal and Free Voice Line
- Liverpool fans spotted what kept happening with Mane and Salah against Tottenham
- Crucial period for oil as Iran's exports shrink
- Canadian pot users could get flagged at U.S. border
- Meghan Markle, True Bridechilla, Skipped *This* Major Pre-Wedding Task
- Hurricane Florence Reduces Its Intensity But Not Its Destructive Power
- Koreas open joint liaison office in North
- Google might be teasing a mint color for the Pixel 3
- Canada and U.S