Although Gordon missed all of training camp and the preseason, he saw plenty of action against the Steelers.
Earlier Saturday, the Browns had downgraded Gordon from questionable to out for the Saints game, with a hamstring injury.
About five hours later, the team released this statement from John Dorsey: "This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday".
The Browns have informed wide receiver Josh Gordon they will release him Monday.
Crucial period for oil as Iran's exports shrink
Oil prices broke the $80 a barrel barrier yesterday as the storm, along with Donald Trump's sanctions on Iran , bumped prices. That would surely spark a response from China, and the back-and-forth retaliatory trade attacks could sap global growth.
"Unfortunately, we've reached a point where we feel it's best to part ways and move forward". According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Gordon suffered the injury during a promotional shoot.
The Browns have stuck with the former All-Pro receiver through multiple suspensions and a long battle with substance abuse issues, so why cut bait now? But given Gordon's talent, it's likely that more than one receiver-needy club will be fascinated by the idea of doing what the Browns ultimately could not: tap into his vast well of talent while also steering him clear of his many troubles. Gordon was ruled out with a hamstring injury and did not travel with the team. Through six seasons, Gordon appeared in 41 games, hauling in 130 catches for 3,106 yards and 16 touchdowns.
The Browns got a glimpse of what a healthy and focused Gordon could do over the last five games of the 2017 season after his return from his latest NFL-mandated suspension, which lasted almost three full seasons.
"I know I'm going to be here playing football, and anything outside of these walls, I think I have the right people in place to help me in any way in which I need them to help me", Gordon told Browns Zone in late August.
- Jurgen Klopp laughs off Gary Neville's comments about Liverpool
- On Puerto Rico, Trump Is Right
- On video, Delhi cop’s son thrashes woman; arrested after Rajnath Singh intervenes
- FEMA chief under investigation over use of official cars
- Google's China plan spurs inquiry from U.S. lawmakers, staff departures
- GM recalls 1M pickup trucks, SUVs over steering defect
- Manager Mauricio Pochettino demands more desire as Tottenham prepare for Liverpool
- Nigeria's Finance Minister Adeosun resigns, Presidency says
- Florence disaster declared in North Carolina as flooding threat grows
- Hungary to take legal steps against critical European Union ruling - PM Orban