The Browns should have a severely-limited slate of options at receiver without Josh Gordon, so it'll fall to slot specialist and New Orleans native Jarvis Landry to do the most damage. The Browns ruled him out for Sunday's matchup with the New Orleans Saints before deciding to release him.
The fact that Cabot is reporting Gordon was "not himself" is a really bad sign for a guy who has struggled with substance abuse issues for years.
Although the Browns never provided an official reason behind Gordon's release, it was reported by The Athletic's Zac Jackson that Gordon was late to the team facility Saturday morning.
Revere man dies after shark attack off Cape Cod
Shortly after, he was rushed to the Cape Cod Hospital by officials with Wellfleet Fire Department but succumbed to his injuries. He said the man kicked at something behind him, and that there was flicker of a tail from the water.
Gordon missed much of training camp when he took a leave of absence for treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Although he missed the first two games of the 2013 season due to suspension, he led the league with 1,646 receiving yards on 87 catches and scored nine touchdowns en route to Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors.
It's been a long time since the Browns owned a better record than an opponent, but that's the case here as they enter off a 21-21 tie with the Pittsburgh Steelers - giving them an odd-looking mark of 0-0-1.
In his seven-year career in Cleveland, Gordon played just 41 games (38 starts), making 180 catches for 3,106 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Jackson refused to elaborate on the situation this week, saying he and the coaching staff wanted to "move on".
- Canelo Alvarez claims middleweight title with narrow win over Gennady Golovkin
- NASA satellite launched to measure Earth's ice changes
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence continues battering US East Coast
- Four dead as Hurricane Florence continues to slam the Carolinas
- Hurricane Hunters flying into Florence as it heads for the Carolinas
- Manchester City revenue tops £500m and profit soars
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores as Juventus defeat Sassuolo 2-1
- Osaka not saddened by Serena row in US Open final
- Here's What Formula 1 Wants Its Cars To Look Like In 2021
- Alan Shearer reveals ONE player responsible for Newcastle win