Firmino was transported to Moorfields Eye Hospital to be assessed and manager Jurgen Klopp admitted after the game that he didn't know the severity of his forward's injury.
"We have to go again in three days, not long for recovery, pretty quick", Klopp said.
"To focus on one competition can only be if you are already out, or almost out, or if it's late in the season". Simon Mignolet has been replaced in goal by the £66 million summer signing Alisson Becker, while Lovren, Joel Matip and Alberto Moreno have all been dislodged in the months since. Spurs will be a bit shorthanded for the match, though, with Dele Alli and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris ruled out. There are lots of games ahead.
Lamela pulled one back in added time for Spurs, who were supposed to open their new stadium with the game before it was pushed back by construction delays.
But Liverpool's victory on Saturday and their surge to the top of table is about more than the money they have spent. Klopp has identified weaknesses in goal and in defence and sorted them out by investing wisely in Alisson and Van Dijk.
The reconstruction of White Hart Lane is clearly affecting the club's ability to punch its weight in the transfer market, but the frayed edges are now showing.
David Silva Comments On Manchester City Future
The 32-year-old has represented on City on 349 occasions so far, winning eight trophies along the way. I've always said that I'd like to play for Las Palmas - my local team.
Neville, who was an integral part of Sir Alex Ferguson's unparalleled success story at Old Trafford, commented that the Reds need to loosen their focus on continental football if they are to win the league title this year.
But Tottenham were careless from start to finish and they paid the price in the 39th minute.
Simon Mignolet is fit for the bench, and joins fellow substitutes Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip, Alberto Moreno, Daniel Sturridge and Xherdan Shaqiri.
Liverpool supporters can breathe a sigh of relief because it looks like Roberto Firmino may be just fine for Tuesday's clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
"We created one more chance to draw but the game after that was finished and unfortunately it was another defeat".
"He came from another league playing in a completely different system to us and that takes time".
- Hurricane Florence from space
- Leaked video shows Google execs troubled by Trump election
- Golovkin jabs at 'clown' Canelo at weigh
- Best Apple iPhone XS Max deals, price and pre-order info
- 4 dead as Hurricane Florence drenches the Carolinas next
- Manchester United's Jose Mourinho offers in-depth analysis defending Marcus Rashford treatment
- Hurricane Florence makes landfall in North Carolina
- Rangers Add Size To Blue Line, Acquire McQuaid From Bruins
- Kremlin confirms preparations for Putin, Erdogan meeting on Monday
- FEMA to test system allowing Trump to send emergency alerts