A general view shows the beach Navagio following a rockfall, in the island of Zakynthos, Greece September 13, 2018.
Witnesses said a large rock fell from a cliff into the sea at Navagio, known as Shipwreck Beach, creating a large wave that capsized small boats, local media reported.
Three people including at least one tourist were hurt Thursday following a landslide at Navagio beach on the island of Zante, one of Greece's most popular travel destinations, state agency ANA said.
Fire department rescue crews headed to the area accompanied by a sniffer dog, while the coast guard evacuated the beach and banned boats from approaching until further notice.
The brief video clips included below show the moment the rockfall began, with tons of rock breaking away from the cliff face and falling onto the crowded beach in Zante.
Nawaz Sharif's Wife Kulsoom Nawaz's Body Reaches Lahore, Funeral Tonight
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Pakistan Peoples Party's delegations will attend the funeral prayers, Geo News reported. Her body will be brought back here and buried on Friday in the Jati Umra Lahore residence of the Sharif family.
There were no people missing, one of the officials said but authorities were combing land and sea as a precaution, the official said. The rock was so large, it caused a small tsunami, with large waves crashing onto the beach.
Seven people were injured, with one woman suffering back injuries.
Her husband and two children were hospitalised with minor injuries.
The weight of the rock sent a small tsunami across the sands as tourists scrambled to reach safety.
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Losing Friends Since Joining The Royal Family
- Tobacco Stocks to Gain on FDA E-Cig Crackdown
- China tells United Nations rights chief to respect its sovereignty
- Hurricane Florence latest forecast could still mean tropical impacts for Middle Georgia
- Space Station's view of Hurricane Florence looks eerily apocalyptic
- MVP Stewart leads Seattle Storm to sweep of Mystics, 3rd WNBA title
- Boston 'deeply disturbed' by charges against Jabari Bird
- Assassin's Creed 3 remaster confirmed by Ubisoft
- Nintendo is rolling out its Switch Online service next week
- Emiratis in USA warned as Hurricane Florence approaches east coast