The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced Thursday that 102 former players and coaches have been nominated for the 2019 class. The Modern-Era Finalists will be trimmed during the meeting from 15 to 10 and then from 10 to 5. The first Latino head coach to ever win a Super Bowl took over in 1979 and helped lead the Raiders to two championships in the early 80s. Both are already in the school's hall of fame.
The list includes 2018 finalists running back Edgerrin James, wide receiver Isaac Bruce, offensive linemen Tony Boselli, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson and Kevin Mawae and defensive backs Ty Law and John Lynch. Among those coaches are Super Bowl champions Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson and Dick Vermeil.
European Union lawmakers agree common stand on copyright reforms
Conservative MEPs who backed the measures celebrated the move for "at last catching up with the digital age". Many of Parliament's groups were split on the vote, including the ECR.
For the eighth consecutive year, the Hall of Fame is encouraging fans to vote for their favorite nominees by visiting www.nfl.com/hofvote and, in so doing, entering a sweepstakes for an National Football League themed Ford F-150 truck and a VIP trip for two to Super Bowl LIII. The modern-era nominees will be reduced to 25 semifinalists in November and, from there, to 15 finalists in January. Senior Finalist Johnny Robinson, who spent his entire career with the Texans/Chiefs franchise from 1960-71, and Contributor Finalists Pat Bowlen and Gil Brandt will also be included in the voting.
Mitchell, longtime NBC Sports Washington analyst, is seeking enshrinement after several years of being overlooked and undervalued by the Hall of Fame committee.
- Richarlison double fires Brazil to win over El Salvador
- Tourists flee as cliff face falls on to holiday beach
- Turkish lira eases after hefty central bank rate hike
- Weather Channel uses mixed reality to show the effects of a hurricane
- ISS images show massive Hurricane Florence from 400 km up
- Alli, Lloris out for game against Liverpool
- 'Catastrophic' Hurricane Florence buffets U.S. east coast
- Ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort 'close to plea deal with Mueller'
- Unelected Bureaucrats Consider Banning Adults from Buying Flavored E-Cigarettes
- Nawaz Sharif's Wife Kulsoom Nawaz's Body Reaches Lahore, Funeral Tonight