This time the Nintendo Direct was well worth stopping up for, and amongst all of the game announcements and trailers it seems that Square Enix have made a decision to heap their attention on the diminutive system next year.
When SquareEnix's Hajime Tabata joked that Final Fantasy XV might come to Nintendo's hybrid portable, fans bought into the hype.
World of Final Fantasy Maxima is a cutesy adventure through Grymoire where you'll meet heroes from numerous past FF games, coming this November.
These are remasters of the original versions - so not the upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII - but it will be the first time any of them have been on a Nintendo console.
The New iPhones Have Truly Killed the Headphone Jack
With curved corners, it's also slightly thinner, has more reliable reception and two times faster, thanks to a new processor . The Bluetooth/GPS model will start at $399, while the version with cellular connectivity will run you $499.
That's a lot of Final Fantasy, but I know what you're thinking: Where's VIII?
Soon after this reveal during the Direct, it was announced that in addition to coming to Switch, all of those same aforementioned titles other than Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon and Crystal Chronicles Remastered will also be arriving on Xbox One.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is coming in 2019.
Of course, that's just speculation at this time. World of Final Fantasy originally launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in October 2016, and for PC in November 2017.
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos to start $2B United States charitable fund
- Nintendo is rolling out its Switch Online service next week
- Apple introduces iPhone XR
- Hurricane Florence latest forecast could still mean tropical impacts for Middle Georgia
- Spurs without Lloris and Alli for Saturday’s game
- Queensland girl labelled 'brat' for refusing to stand for national anthem
- China welcomes United States trade talks offer as new tariffs loom
- 'Fake' Chemical Attack Filmed in Syria, Russian Military Claims
- The New $1,449 iPhone Won't Include A Free Headphone Dongle
- New Species of Translucent, Gelatinous Fish Discovered in the Deep Sea