The hurricane is now moving north at around 20km/h, and was expected to slow down today, becoming a tropical storm.
Not the most ideal of weather-situations and apparently it's only about to get worse because the tail-end of a hurricane is about to hit Ireland and it's not going to be pretty.
Maximum sustained winds remain near 68 miles per hour with higher gusts.
Florence, however, continues to threaten the east coast as a fierce storm that could trigger flooding as far south as Georgia. It's moving west at 16 miles per hour and should regain hurricane strength as it reaches the Lesser Antilles, the National Hurricane Center said in its latest advisory.
Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with isolated amounts up to 6 inches over elevated terrain are forecast across Martinique and Guadeloupe.
UNC, NC State cancel football games due to Hurricane Florence
In its discussion, the NHC said that Florence is predicted to "slow down significantly" in the 72 hours before it approaches land. Schools in Elizabeth City-Pasquotank and Perquimans County have already announced they'll close for students on Wednesday.
Winds of up to 80mph are forecast to hit Dumfries and Galloway from Monday night when the United Kingdom is battered by Storm Helene.
Surf swells generated by Isaac are affecting portions of the Lesser Antilles.
In contrast, no coastal watches or warnings were in effect for Helene, but residents of the Azores were encouraged to monitor the storm. A Category 4 hurricane at its strongest, Olivia spent about a week swishing around in the Pacific Ocean without making landfall before it weakened into a tropical storm.
Although Florence was downgraded from Category 4 status, it is still considered an extremely unsafe storm with maximum sustained winds near 125 miles per hour.
In addition to hurricane-force winds, Florence was forecast to produce large swells and life-threatening rip currents from the U.S. East Coast to Bermuda.
There were two other systems in development Wednesday as well.
- Unelected Bureaucrats Consider Banning Adults from Buying Flavored E-Cigarettes
- How worldwide Diplomats showed up at Kofi Annan's funeral
- Richarlison double fires Brazil to win over El Salvador
- Weather Channel uses mixed reality to show the effects of a hurricane
- Missing southern resident killer whale J50 declared dead by scientists
- GCHQ's mass surveillance violates citizens' right to privacy, ECHR rules
- European Union lawmakers agree common stand on copyright reforms
- "Once In A Lifetime" Hurricane Florence Weakens, Begins Lashing Eastern US
- Ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort 'close to plea deal with Mueller'
- Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin Spotted at Marriage License Courthouse in NYC