The hurricane is now moving north at around 20km/h, and was expected to slow down today, becoming a tropical storm.
Not the most ideal of weather-situations and apparently it's only about to get worse because the tail-end of a hurricane is about to hit Ireland and it's not going to be pretty.
Maximum sustained winds remain near 68 miles per hour with higher gusts.
Florence, however, continues to threaten the east coast as a fierce storm that could trigger flooding as far south as Georgia. It's moving west at 16 miles per hour and should regain hurricane strength as it reaches the Lesser Antilles, the National Hurricane Center said in its latest advisory.
Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with isolated amounts up to 6 inches over elevated terrain are forecast across Martinique and Guadeloupe.
ISS images show massive Hurricane Florence from 400 km up
Florence was downgraded to a Category 1 hurricane on Thursday evening with peak winds of 90 miles per hour (150 km/h). Five county swift-board teams as well as the "Cajun Navy" from Louisaiana are attempting to rescue everyone they can.
Winds of up to 80mph are forecast to hit Dumfries and Galloway from Monday night when the United Kingdom is battered by Storm Helene.
Surf swells generated by Isaac are affecting portions of the Lesser Antilles.
In contrast, no coastal watches or warnings were in effect for Helene, but residents of the Azores were encouraged to monitor the storm. A Category 4 hurricane at its strongest, Olivia spent about a week swishing around in the Pacific Ocean without making landfall before it weakened into a tropical storm.
Although Florence was downgraded from Category 4 status, it is still considered an extremely unsafe storm with maximum sustained winds near 125 miles per hour.
In addition to hurricane-force winds, Florence was forecast to produce large swells and life-threatening rip currents from the U.S. East Coast to Bermuda.
There were two other systems in development Wednesday as well.
- Florence begins to batter Carolina coast — WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Declassified the name of the largest Apple iPhone 2018
- Gas explosions spark fires in dozens of homes in MA
- 'Catastrophic' Hurricane Florence buffets U.S. east coast
- Missing southern resident killer whale J50 declared dead by scientists
- Ford's constitutional override to slash city council 'disappointing': LeBlanc
- European Union lawmakers agree common stand on copyright reforms
- UNC, NC State cancel football games due to Hurricane Florence
- Weather Channel uses mixed reality to show the effects of a hurricane
- Man City boss Guardiola reveals De Bruyne buyout clause: He's Bielsa's favourite