But the San Juan mayor Trump attacked, Carmen Yulin Cruz, told CNN the president's words added "insult to injury". "We were 'buying" water because they wouldn't give it to us".
Trump was torn apart online for his tweets.
While Hostin said she "would never" company anyone to Hitler, she said Trump simply just "did not care enough" in this instance.
Some blamed the media.
"Only Donald Trump could see the tragedy in Puerto Rico and conclude that he is the victim", Sen. When pressed on the tweets, Cornyn grew frustrated. And like I said, hey man, thank you for helping us.
Nawaz Sharif's Wife Kulsoom Nawaz's Body Reaches Lahore, Funeral Tonight
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Pakistan Peoples Party's delegations will attend the funeral prayers, Geo News reported. Her body will be brought back here and buried on Friday in the Jati Umra Lahore residence of the Sharif family.
Some appeared to be working to calm the president down. I hate that people that make it a political issue. "Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers". "That is just what happened". But it wasn't only the mayor who criticized Trump. "I don't think it's bad to say we could have done better in Puerto Rico".
Graham also defended the president, saying he doesn't think he's indifferent to people who live on the island.
Conducted by George Washington University, the study Trump is attempting to discredit as a Democratic plot was commissioned by the Puerto Rican government, which revised its earlier Hurricane Maria death toll to 2,975 after the study was published in August. They calculated the total number of deaths in the period was 22% higher than the number of fatalities that would have been expected, the researchers said. "If he calls a success, or an unsung success, 3,000 people dying on his watch, definitely he doesn't know what success is".
Even some Republicans suggested the president had gone too far. The president, who is Puerto Rico's head of state, added that he "loves Puerto Rico!"
Rarest of all was direct criticism. "YOUR LACK OF RESPECT IS APPALLING!" she wrote on Twitter.
This admission is important, because it helps explain how death tolls work. Puerto Rico is still struggling to recover.
Rossello said Puerto Ricans "do not deserve to have their pain questioned" and backed the study.
"As usual, what we need more of is sobriety and seriousness here, and that seems to be lacking", he said.
- Boston 'deeply disturbed' by charges against Jabari Bird
- Hurricane Florence weakens slightly as it moves toward USA coast: NHC
- Don't spurn the milk churn: full fat dairy could protect your heart
- Hurricane Florence: Your guide to the story
- Australian Newspaper Doesn't See How This Cartoon of Serena Williams Is Racist
- Hurricane Florence weakens, US East Coast still on high alert | Infographics
- It’s a Final Fantasy Party, and Every Buddy is Invited
- Pope receives US Church leaders to discuss clerical sex abuse crisis
- Hurricane Florence Rocks Wooden Pier in Nags Head
- Ryan Thomas gets emotional watching Celebrity Big Brother footage