But the San Juan mayor Trump attacked, Carmen Yulin Cruz, told CNN the president's words added "insult to injury". "We were 'buying" water because they wouldn't give it to us".
Trump was torn apart online for his tweets.
While Hostin said she "would never" company anyone to Hitler, she said Trump simply just "did not care enough" in this instance.
Some blamed the media.
"Only Donald Trump could see the tragedy in Puerto Rico and conclude that he is the victim", Sen. When pressed on the tweets, Cornyn grew frustrated. And like I said, hey man, thank you for helping us.
New Species of Translucent, Gelatinous Fish Discovered in the Deep Sea
These fish belong to the Liparidae family and do not obey to the biased prosaic image of what deep sea fish should resemble. Without the pressure of the water and the chill of the deep ocean, they appear to melt on reaching the surface.
Some appeared to be working to calm the president down. I hate that people that make it a political issue. "Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers". "That is just what happened". But it wasn't only the mayor who criticized Trump. "I don't think it's bad to say we could have done better in Puerto Rico".
Graham also defended the president, saying he doesn't think he's indifferent to people who live on the island.
Conducted by George Washington University, the study Trump is attempting to discredit as a Democratic plot was commissioned by the Puerto Rican government, which revised its earlier Hurricane Maria death toll to 2,975 after the study was published in August. They calculated the total number of deaths in the period was 22% higher than the number of fatalities that would have been expected, the researchers said. "If he calls a success, or an unsung success, 3,000 people dying on his watch, definitely he doesn't know what success is".
Even some Republicans suggested the president had gone too far. The president, who is Puerto Rico's head of state, added that he "loves Puerto Rico!"
Rarest of all was direct criticism. "YOUR LACK OF RESPECT IS APPALLING!" she wrote on Twitter.
This admission is important, because it helps explain how death tolls work. Puerto Rico is still struggling to recover.
Rossello said Puerto Ricans "do not deserve to have their pain questioned" and backed the study.
"As usual, what we need more of is sobriety and seriousness here, and that seems to be lacking", he said.
- Hurricane Florence Rocks Wooden Pier in Nags Head
- Hurricane Florence plays havoc with airline schedules
- Student killed in twin bomb attack near Afghan girls' school
- Facebook's new system helps it detect offensive memes
- David Wright Will Return to Mets for One Final Time and Retire
- Australian Newspaper Doesn't See How This Cartoon of Serena Williams Is Racist
- Emiratis in USA warned as Hurricane Florence approaches east coast
- Hurricane Florence weakens, US East Coast still on high alert | Infographics
- Arsenal Boss Keen To Scupper Barcelona's Interest In Gunners Star
- China tells United Nations rights chief to respect its sovereignty