Daniel Murphy has been claimed off revocable waivers, according to a report in the New York Post. Adams, 29, played in 486 games in his first stint with the Cardinals from 2012-2017.
Fancred's Jon Heyman reports the prospect going to the Nats in the trade is infielder Andruw Monasterio.
The left-handed hitting Murphy, 33, would help an offense that has scored three runs or fewer in seven of their last 10 games, including four in their past four games.
This could very well be the OnePlus 6T
Following the news of Android Pie coming to lots of OnePlus devices, it's time for another round of surprise for the OnePlus fans. Apart from the T-Mobile exclusive, the company will still sell its global unlocked version for AT&T and other overseas networks.
Pull Murphy back. This wouldn't have made much sense.
Adams, Harper and Murphy were all pending free agents at the end of the 2018 season. The Nationals were informed of the claims on Sunday, meaning they have until Tuesday afternoon - the standard 48-hour window - to work out a trade with the claiming team.
The 2015 National League Championship Series MVP, Murphy has extensive postseason experience, reaching the playoffs in three consecutive series.
During a press conference where the team announced the trades, general manager Mike Rizzo wouldn't concede how close the Nationals came to trading away Harper, but added that it would have had to be the right deal, per Janes. Despite that, they landed him.
- Some Cooler Weather This Week
- Eye-opening study: Many people flush old contact lenses away
- Gmail for Android can now undo sent emails
- Kyle Busch showered in boos at Bristol
- Adrian Peterson To Meet With Washington
- Microsoft might launch its Sticky Notes app on Android and iPhone
- Man Hospitalised After Falling Into 'Black Hole' Museum Exhibit
- VMAs: Camila Cabello tweets her past self after MTV award win
- Jakiw Palij: US deports former Nazi camp guard living in Queens, NYC
- Halsey Explains Why She Didn't Attend MTV VMAs 2018