Daniel Murphy has been claimed off revocable waivers, according to a report in the New York Post. Adams, 29, played in 486 games in his first stint with the Cardinals from 2012-2017.
Fancred's Jon Heyman reports the prospect going to the Nats in the trade is infielder Andruw Monasterio.
The left-handed hitting Murphy, 33, would help an offense that has scored three runs or fewer in seven of their last 10 games, including four in their past four games.
This is why Alonso quit F1
I've thought about stopping and that's why I've done it but who knows what will happen. We can put down the first 15 positions with maybe one or two mistakes.
Pull Murphy back. This wouldn't have made much sense.
Adams, Harper and Murphy were all pending free agents at the end of the 2018 season. The Nationals were informed of the claims on Sunday, meaning they have until Tuesday afternoon - the standard 48-hour window - to work out a trade with the claiming team.
The 2015 National League Championship Series MVP, Murphy has extensive postseason experience, reaching the playoffs in three consecutive series.
During a press conference where the team announced the trades, general manager Mike Rizzo wouldn't concede how close the Nationals came to trading away Harper, but added that it would have had to be the right deal, per Janes. Despite that, they landed him.
- Netflix unveils first trailer for ‘Outlaw King’ starring Chris Pine
- Simon Mignolet On Bench - Liverpool Team vs Crystal Palace Confirmed
- U.N. Watchdog: North Korea Hasn’t Stopped Making Nukes
- This could very well be the OnePlus 6T
- Halsey Explains Why She Didn't Attend MTV VMAs 2018
- Jakiw Palij: US deports former Nazi camp guard living in Queens, NYC
- Microsoft might launch its Sticky Notes app on Android and iPhone
- Drake surprises 11-year-old heart surgery patient for her birthday
- Danny Boyle quits as director of next James Bond Film
- Some Cooler Weather This Week