The woman, identified only as Kay, managed to stay afloat for 10 hours in the Adriatic Sea, long enough to be rescued by a Croatian cruise ship that scrambled into action upon getting a coast guard alert, per Sky News.
The cruise passenger also said according to the BBC that she fell off the back of the ship.
There has been no explanation yet of what caused the woman to fall overboard. however, the British Embassy in Croatia is investigating the incident.
She fell from the Norwegian Star cruise ship, about 95 kilometres off Croatia's coast shortly before midnight Saturday.
The ship's captain, Lovro Oreskovic, said that she was exhausted.
Trump suggests Canada has been sidelined from latest NAFTA negotiations
A year ago Thursday, the U.S., Canada and Mexico convened for the start of the renegotiation talks. Canada, the third partner in NAFTA, has been absent from face-to-face talks in recent weeks.
"A report was made that a guest aboard Norwegian Star had gone overboard while the ship was returning to Venice", a spokesperson for the cruise liner told The Independent.
The 46-year-old said she felt "very lucky" to have survived the ordeal and thanked her "wonderful" rescuers as she was taken to a hospital in the Croatian town of Pula. The coastguard was notified and a search and rescue operation ensued. The vessel was coming towards the end of the voyage and was sailing back to its home port when the woman fell overboard. the ship is scheduled to arrive back in Venice on August 19.
"We are pleased to advise that the guest was found alive and is now in a stable condition", a statement from the cruise liner announced on Sunday.
The woman was found and saved some ten hours later.
'We were extremely happy for saving a human life'.
- Malaysia stun champions South Korea
- Mueller recommends up to 6 months for ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos
- Man arrested after overdoses at Connecticut park
- Green party minister bikes to hospital to have baby
- Smoky air returns to Seattle through at least Wednesday
- Misery for Mourinho as uninspired Man United lose at Brighton
- Winona Ryder And Keanu Reeves Might Be Married
- ICE Detains Man Driving His Wife To Hospital For Planned C-Section
- Kevin Spacey’s latest film earns only 126 dollars on opening day
- Netflix confirms it is not adding commercials