But, incredibly, Huddersfield scored from their first attack of the game, three minutes before the interval. Six minutes later Jesus scored neatly after Benjamin Mendy's bustling run before Aguero pounced on Hamer's poor handling for a third.
Aguero, 30, was left with a wide open goal for his first after Hamer made a decision to stand in no man's land following Ederson's long range pass.
The forward completed his treble in the second half, with Mendy once again the provider, as Aguero flicked the Frenchman's delivery into the far post.
Watford beat Brighton 2-0 in its first league game.
Aguero gives the Citizens the lead!
Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder: Gypsy King warned after fight CONFIRMED
It was a deal that was seemingly put together quickly after negotiations for Wilder to face Anthony Joshua fell apart. I know there's a big fight coming up between him and I, but this is the first and very important step for him.
The match got off to the worst possible start for Hamer, who after just two minutes of Manchester City pressure took a whack below the waist.
Guardiola shuffled his starting lineup and started with a back three, Bernardo Silva and Mendy as wing-backs and a front two of Aguero and Jesus.
Huddersfield worked miracles staying in the Premier League last season, but it might be an even greater surprise if they are to stay out of the bottom three a second year. They don't rest. It was a tough season last season.
"Nobody pushed him, he chose to finish his global career so he could rest a little bit more with his wife, family and his little boy while continuing to play with us". Next up for the Terriers is Cardiff, and Wagner will be looking for a morale-boosting result ahead of the winnable tie against the newly promoted side.
- Wilder And Fury Go Face-To-Face As Fight Is Confirmed
- Yogi Adityanath announces Rs 15 crore aid towards Kerala floods
- Priyanka Chopra Shares Intimate Photos From Her and Nick Jonas's Engagement Ceremony
- Sarri press tactics could reap rewards against shaky Petr Cech on Saturday
- Cech mate! - Emery backs Cech against Chelsea
- Rishabh Pant dismissed by Stuart Broad
- People, 2 Birds Test Positive for West Nile Virus, State Reports
- Tesla shares down 8 percent after Musk's freakish interview
- US President Trump says in 'no rush' to get reworked NAFTA deal
- Silva upbeat after Everton's defeat of Southampton