"We need to continue working for what we want, our process, today we had two midfielders one 19 and one 21 years old, we need to give them the confidence to play, but our way, our process, is to improve and give these chances to to the young players".
All it took was a late Marcos Alonso drive to seal three points for the home team.
Despite going top of the table and scoring six goals, Sarri joked that he needed to revert to his nicotine habits for the 15-minute horror show when Chelsea collapsed defensively and let Arsenal back into the game.
"We have to improve", he said.
Emery: Torreira Is Ready To Start Against Chelsea
The Uruguayan midfielder was one of the standout players in the World Cup for his country and will be chomping at the bit for his first Premier League start.
Sarri explained: "I think we have to work to improve in the defensive phase - and we are not only talking about defenders".
"I have spoken to him very often in the last ten days but he has never said to me anything about [leaving]". In that 15 minutes we were not able to do this. "We need to continue, to press and press and press in the other half, otherwise we will have a problem". So we were in trouble. "I think today is for not happy with the result, but the next matches to prepare well". "In the other 15 it was better to smoke, I think", Sarri, who is a heavy smoker, said.
Sarri said he started the match with Hazard on the bench because he still seemed exhausted after helping take Belgium to the World Cup semi-finals in July. If we press very high we are able to do well.
"It was very, very hard because we lost the distances between the players and we were unable to cover the lost balls and press like a team, so we were really in trouble". We lost the distances I think, we were not able to cover the last third, or press as a team, only one player to player.
But Alonso made no mistake with a tidy finish from close range after substitute Eden Hazard's run and pass across goal set up the victor.
- Mass overdose of marijuana sees 76 'bodies dropping' in park
- Stokes could be played if he says he is available: Hussain
- Fulham need time to find feet in Premier League, says Slavisa Jokanovic
- U.S. ends funding for stabilizing Syria, stresses commitment to defeating ISIS
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas engagement: The couple's families dine out in Juhu
- Trump cancels military parade over price tag
- CDC monitoring measles outbreak in Kansas, 20 other states
- Apple may launch a new MacBook Air in September or October
- Lawyer says girls' bodies were submerged in oil
- Beetle Trapped In 99-Million-Year-Old Amber Was An Early Pollinator