In successive weeks, Manchester City have torn through both sides' promising new eras with comfortable 2-0 victories.
"I want consistency", said Emery on Thursday. "He has experience, he has quality, he has the capacity", he added.
It won't be easy, and the change in the mentality may not be quick, but I am coming to believe in Emery's attitude more and more every day.
Cech, himself, said that he was being challenged to perform differently from the majority of his career because of a desire for the team to play out from the back, but Emery stressed yesterday that this policy was "not compulsory". He's won titles with Sevilla, he's won three Europa Leagues in a row, and I find it a bit disrespectful to have a go at him trying to build something in the same way Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola have in the past.
Speaking to reporters ahead of Arsenal clash with Chelsea on Saturday, Emery urged the former Real Madrid player to show more commitment to defending. In the second half we played with two midfielders, 19 and 21 years old.
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal - The game in five pictures
We lost the distances I think, we were not able to cover the last third, or press as a team, only one player to player. All it took was a late Marcos Alonso drive to seal three points for the home team.
Arsenal boss Unai Emery insists that his team will improve as the season develops following their opening-weekend loss to Manchester City.
Impressive stuff, but will it be enough for him to earn a start on Saturday?
"That was a good thing, despite us losing 2-0". I want in each moment to know what is our best action to do in the match.
Arsenal will travel to Stamford Bridge without Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who is out until October after suffering a leg fracture against City while Regular left-back Sead Kolasinac is also out for a similar period with a knee injury.
Nacho Monreal's return to fitness has come at a good time for Emery, who is in need of a left-back having been without the Spain global and Sead Kolasinac for the City game.
Experienced Swiss worldwide Lichtsteiner is a right-back by trade and Emery is hopeful Monreal will be fit to face Chelsea after returning to training this week. "The two options we have now are Nacho Monreal and Lichtsteiner to continue in this position".
- Maurizio Sarri calls on Eden Hazard to step up another level
- Inter to sue La Liga boss over Modric comments
- Trump cancels military parade over price tag
- Maitland-Niles facing two months out with broken leg
- Look Wallabies front row named to face All Blacks
- Beetle Trapped In 99-Million-Year-Old Amber Was An Early Pollinator
- 50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Mustang Racer Breaks Cover At Woodward
- Lawyer says girls' bodies were submerged in oil
- Fulham need time to find feet in Premier League, says Slavisa Jokanovic
- Lane Johnson says Patriots fans at preseason game were 'classy’