As Fire Chief John Alston Jr. spoke to reporters in New Haven, Connecticut, about a spate of drug overdoses on Wednesday, he heard shouting coming from behind him.
In the city of new haven in the us state of CT in one day from a drug overdose injured 76 people.
Some people who overdosed returned to the green and overdosed again, officials said. He was also charged in connection with a February police operation. He is accused of possession of a controlled substance.
An official said there were 114 calls for people needing to go to a hospital this week.
The arrests do not mean all of the toxic K2 has been located, Campbell said.
Serena Williams reveals her coach convinced her to stop breastfeeding
Robert Maxfield was jailed for 15 years in April 2006 for the shooting of Yetunde Price - Williams' older half-sister - in 2003 in Compton, Los Angeles.
"It's not unusual to see a large group of people overdosing, but not at this alarming rate", Hartman said. He wanted citizens who had purchased drugs to be aware. He said the victims did respond to higher levels of the antidote drug once they got to local hospitals, which led investigators to "deduce that it was laced with something, some opioid compound, possibly fentanyl". He said crews were transporting people more quickly than usual "just to turn the cars around and get them back out". There is now an investigation to determine the original source of the K2.
Often sold by corner stores in brightly colored packages under several brand names, K2 is made of a variety of dried plants and lawn clippings sprayed with industrial chemicals. New Haven police said one person is in custody.
They can be anywhere from 2 to 100 times more potent than THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, researchers have said. According to New Haven mayoral spokesperson Laurence Grotheer, some of the victims during the week were suffering from heatstroke rather than a drug overdose. That wide range is because the drugs that are used change from batch to batch.
Synthetic marijuana has been blamed for other mass overdoses across the country. In May, for example, 25 people were hospitalized in one area of Brooklyn, New York, after having negative reactions to what was believed to be K2, police said.
- Amazon Working on Tablo-Like Networked DVR
- Kellyanne Conway’s Husband Wishes He Never Introduced Her to Trump
- Remember Michelle Wolf, Who Mocked Sarah Sanders? Her Show's Been Canceled
- Former United Nations chief Kofi Annan dies aged 80
- SEC Subpoenas Tesla over Musk's Premature Go-Private Tweets
- Djokovic and Dimitrov survive but Zverev loses in Cincinnati
- Ohio State Issues Statement On Urban Meyer Investigation Timeline
- Arsenal Goalkeeper David Ospina Booked In For Napoli Medical
- US judge blocks programs letting 'Grand Theft Auto' players 'cheat'
- Trump cancels military parade over price tag