The storm formed in the North Atlantic near the east coast of America on Tuesday (14 Aug) and has since been travelling across the ocean at around 40 miles per hour.
Gusts will peak at 40mph around the United Kingdom late on Saturday and during the early hours of Sunday morning when the storm arrives over the UK.
Tropical Storm Lane is expected to reach hurricane strength by Friday as it tracks its way toward the Hawaiian Islands.
The storm is due to hit the United Kingdom this weekend and will nearly certainly bring heavy wind and showers.
Weather reporter Sarah Keith-Lucas told BBC Breakfast the weekend would start of wet and windy for most, with her warning: "To start of your Saturday, we've got a bit of rain around parts of Northern Ireland, northern England and southern Scotland". It is also set to be warm and humid throughout the region on Monday.
Kevin De Bruyne suffers a major injury in training
Often, when I don't know something, I act in front of the players as if I do. "I'm hungry for a lot more". Guardiola won three successive titles in Spain and Germany with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
The fifth-named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season is now brewing over the North Atlantic. This disorganized area of showers and storms has a somewhat favorable environment to work with over the next couple of days as it moves west-northwest.
London could see highs of around 24C this weekend, but Glasgow will be considerably cooler, with highs of around 15C.
Whereas further north the temperatures most areas are in the high teens, with Aberdeen and Newcastle witnessing the highest heat value.
However, the main band of rain is set to arrive in the early hours of Sunday morning, and is then expected to pull away, leaving the skies considerably clearer by midday.
Friday and the weekend will be largely similar, with showers and strong gusts primarily in Scotland and northern England, according to forecasters.
- Chinese EV startup Nio files for $1.8 billion IPO
- John Elway: Colin Kaepernick Had His Chance To Join Broncos In 2016
- Chelsea midfielder wanted by Bundesliga giants
- Pregnant woman, 2 daughters reported missing in Colorado
- Congo uses experimental Ebola treatment on patients
- Italy says death toll will mount in Genoa bridge collapse
- Iron Fist is punchier, kickier, angrier in season 2 trailer
- Aretha Franklin dies in Detroit, surrounded by family and friends
- 'Gobsmacked': 600 firefighters battle winter bushfires in NSW
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies at 76