Fitton was referring to Lisa Page, the former Federal Bureau of Investigation attorney with whom Strzok exchanged virulent anti-Trump texts while they were in an extra-marital relationship; fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director James Comey; fired deputy director Andrew McCabe; and Justice Department official Bruce Ohr. Stigall wonders what Strzok's firing means for the Mueller investigation.
President Donald Trump lashed out at his own Attorney General Jeff Sessions once again on Tuesday, declaring there would be no "Witch Hunt" if he had a "real Attorney General".
"A lengthy investigation and multiple rounds of congressional testimony failed to produce a shred of evidence that Special Agent Strzok's personal views ever affected his work", Goelman said. Mueller removed Strzok from his team immediately previous year once the texts were discovered.
Following the public revelation of the text messages a year ago, Strzok was removed by Mueller from the team looking into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
JAMES GUNN Meets With DISNEY, DISNEY Stands By Termination
Once Feige is back in town, Disney and Marvel will continue the search for a new director. The report says that Feige supports Disney's decision in not rehiring Gunn.
The president tweeted that "the list of bad players in the FBI & DOJ gets longer & longer", adding that the investigation is a "total hoax".
Trump cited former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker, who said that the firing of agent Peter Strzok was a "step in the right direction". Strzok's lawyer said he was sacked late Friday by FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich.
"We are asking you to support a man who has dedicated his life to defending America", it says.
The lawyer, Aitan Goelman, criticized the firing in a statement Monday, saying he was sacked because of political pressure and "to punish Special Agent Strzok for political speech protected by the First Amendment". The FBI did not have immediate comment.
- Dozens overdose in CT park as United States opioid crisis worsens
- Ariana Grande and James Corden Sing 'Suddenly Seymour' on Carpool Karaoke
- Brennan blasts Trump's no collusion claims as 'hogwash'
- NYU will provide free tuition for all of its medical students
- Taliban capture northern base as Afghan soldiers battle for Ghazni
- La Liga announce plans to stage fixtures in the USA
- Aretha Franklin, "Queen of Soul", is dead at 76
- NASCAR's Kahne retiring after 15 Cup seasons
- Aretha Louise Franklin dies at the age of 76
- Every Indian can be proud of manned space mission: ISRO chief