The Perseid meteor shower dazzled spectators... again.
While I look forward each year to observing the Perseid Meteor Shower, late haze and/or light fog put a damper on this year's display.
Named for the constellation Perseus, because of where the meteors are viewed, the shower can be seen when looking toward the constellation in the northeastern portion of the sky between midnight and dawn.
Because the meteor shower's peak arrived just after the new moon on Saturday (Aug. 11), the dark "moonless" sky provided excellent conditions for spotting meteors in the night sky. And with the Perseids, you can thank comet swift-tuttle.
New research suggest vaping harms lung cells
But most research has focused on the chemical composition of e-cigarette liquid before it is vaped. Vaping or smoking e-cigarettes has been found to be a harmful practice.
Taking approximately 133 years to complete each of its solar orbits, the comet last flew its closest approach to Earth in. Based on an upcoming interaction with Jupiter, it has about a 1-in-a-million chance of colliding with Earth, to astrophysicist and science writer Ethan Siegel.
You don't need any specialist equipment to view the shower as long as the night sky is clear.
Think your friends would be interested?
- Turkish courts release detainees but reject U.S. pastor's appeal
- New Fortnite Soaring 50s Mode Takes to the Skies
- Wall Street opens lower as Turkey turmoil, trade worries weigh
- At Least Two Dozen People Overdosed in a Connecticut Park Today
- Mobile gets rid of robot system for customer service calls
- La Liga announce plans to stage fixtures in the USA
- Russia's Lavrov says conditions exist for Syria refugee return
- Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Rises 50.9% as Alts Slide
- Josh Allen doesn't care what Jalen Ramsey thinks of him
- Aretha Franklin, "Queen of Soul", is dead at 76