The increase comes as the employment rate declined from 63.5 per cent in June to 63.1 per cent in July, as 11,800 fewer people were employed in the region, according the federal statistics agency's monthly Labour Force Survey.
Stats Canada says the decrease in employment for Alberta is due to the lack of full-time work, however, part-time work saw an increase creating little change in the rate for July.
Overall, Canada gained approximately 54,000 jobs since last month, driving the national unemployment rate down from 6.0 per cent to 5.8 per cent. These gains were largely attributed to an overall growth in the number of part time jobs available.
The total number of hours worked in July expanded 1.3 per cent, a slightly slower pace than the June reading of 1.4 per cent.
Erdogan slams United States for preferring terrorists as partner
Erdogan is also upset at the protection U.S. coalition forces are providing the Kurds in Syria, against the invading Turkish army. Trump's "jubilation in inflicting economic hardship on its North Atlantic Treaty Organisation ally Turkey is shameful", he wrote.
In an interview, Shenfeld added that "for the past year, Canadians have certainly been enjoying a very solid labour market with a low unemployment rate and that's still true in the latest data". Compared to last July, 246,000 more people are working across the country, an increase of 1.3 per cent.
In contrast, employment fell in most goods-producing sectors, specifically manufacturing, construction and natural resources.
By industry, the services sector saw the biggest gains last month with a combined net increase of 90,500 jobs, which was led by 36,500 new positions in education and 30,700 in health care and social assistance.
"The labour market remains robust and there is easily enough here to convince the Bank of Canada to maintain its gradual tightening campaign - there's just not enough to get it to accelerate the schedule", BMO chief economist Doug Porter said in a note to investors.
On a year-over-year basis, employment rose by 245,900 jobs, or 1.3 percent.
- Arsenal Vs. Manchester City Live Stream
- Laura Ingraham Targets Even Legal Immigrants In Off-The-Rails Rant
- Pep Guardiola - Manchester City desire vs. Arsenal 'same as last season'
- England vs India, second Test, day four
- Greek cat sanctuary hiring caretaker to live on island, supervise 55 cats
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores in Juventus v Juventus B match
- Tony Finau ties PGA Championship record with 10 birdies
- Messi gunning for Iniesta's title record in Spanish Super Cup
- Stone associate held in contempt of court
- Map shows best places to watch weekend meteor shower