Jamie Vardy of Leicester City celebrates with Kelechi Iheanacho of Leicester City after he scored their second goal during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Leicester City at Old Trafford on August 10, 2018 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
However, Pogba - who cost United a then-world record £89 million (105 million euros, $116 million, Sh11.6 billion) in 2016 to prise him away from Juventus - is known to be upset by Mourinho's remarks about his performances at the World Cup compared to those for his club last season.
But according to French outlet RMC Sport, the Catalan side will miss out on the World Cup victor before this month's transfer deadline.
Pogba was asked by reporters Friday night if he is "happy and comfortable" at the club, but his answer neither confirmed nor denied the tension that is being widely reported by the media right now.
The relationship between Pogba and Mourinho is believed to have been strained for some months and the player himself suggested as much when he claimed he would be fined if he said what he wanted to after the Leicester match. "There are things I can not say otherwise I will get fined".
Pogba was pushed on his response and said that "if you're not happy, you can not give your best" when asked about what represents happiness and comfort for him. That's all I say.
Manchester United Not Expected To Sign Diego Godin
Another player Everton signed in the summer transfer window is Colombia global central defender Yerry Mina . Philippe Coutinho has switched from the No14 shirt he wore after arriving in January last season to No7.
However, when it comes to being a leader in the United team, Pogba says he does not need the armband in order to assume such responsibilities.
Fabinho's arrival caused a stir due to reports Monaco had previously blocked the midfielder joining Manchester United, who had held a long-term interest in the player.
Mourinho cut a gloomy figure throughout pre-season, seemingly frustrated by the club's failure - or disinclination - to secure more of his summer transfer targets.
"I always love the club", he continued.
"I always give my best for the fans, for the team mates. and for the people that trust me".
- Laura Ingraham Targets Even Legal Immigrants In Off-The-Rails Rant
- Pep Guardiola - Manchester City desire vs. Arsenal 'same as last season'
- Tony Finau ties PGA Championship record with 10 birdies
- Arsenal vs Manchester City
- Liverpool Star Urges Reds To Show Pre-Season Results Against West Ham
- Idris Elba Posts Cryptic References to Bond Amid Casting Rumors
- Scientists investigate cellular impact of blue light
- Omarosa Claims Trump Repeatedly Used 'N-Word' During 'The Apprentice'
- Welbeck at the back? Emery impressed by Danny's versatility
- Afghan Taliban delegation visits Uzbekistan to discuss peace, security