From the resulting free-kick, which was taken nearly four minutes later after Everton had protested against the decision and boss Marco Silva had substituted Gylfi Sigurdsson to bring on Mason Holgate, Neves produced a piece of brilliance.
Everton edged ahead after 17 minutes.
For others, however, the final hours of the window proved to be frantic, including Everton's late surge, Fulham and Wolves' remarkable activity and Man United's desperate search for a centre-back.
A deep free-kick on the left-hand side of the Wolves area was sent deep by Leighton Baines. When the ball dropped, Richarlison was on hand to finish from close range.
The Blues were in control of proceedings until just before half-time when they saw the dubious sending off of their captain.
But Wolves fought back again and Jimenez earned a share of the spoils 10 minutes from time when he met Neves's excellent left-wing cross with a glancing header past Jordan Pickford. Richarlison spun away from Conor Coady before curling a low effort past Rui Patricio.
Nasa spacecraft heads to sun for closest look yet
No human-made vehicle has ever come so close - leading the American space agency to claim the probe will "touch" the sun. Parker said last week that he was "impressed" by the Parker Solar Probe, calling it "a very complex machine".
Everton looked comfortable against a Wolves side who held onto the ball well without creating too much in the way of decent chances.
"We are in a process of developing and growing as a team", Nuno said Saturday.
Morgan Schneiderlin played a key role in front of the defence and supporters were quick to acknowledge the job he had done at Molineux.
As a player, Nuno won a handful of league titles in Portugal with Porto as well as the Champions League and UEFA Cup but it has always been a dream of his to manage in the English top flight. "I won eight championships and three Premier Leagues but I keep feeling the second last season was one of my biggest achievements in the game". "And then, when we have the space, to be aggressive going forward".
Champions League football has also been targeted at the Midlands club within the next few seasons.
- President Trump Issues Statement Ahead of Deadly Charlottesville Anniversary
- Blade Runner's Sean Young wanted for questioning by NYPD
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3: Hosts lose openers Jennings, Cook
- Turkey's president: United States waging "economic war" against Turkey
- Imran Khan swearing in on Aug 18
- Turkey turmoil rattles Wall Street, banks take a knock
- Pogba leads Manchester United to winning Premier League start
- Chelsea have Premier League title advantage over Man City and Liverpool
- Maurizio Sarri reveals why Chelsea star left Stamford Bridge on deadline day
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker: 'I want to justify price-tag'