He is up for the award alongside Cristiano Ronaldo - who left Madrid for Juventus earlier in the summer - and Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
Members of the industrial dynasty - founders of Fiat vehicle manufacturers and often called the "Italian Kennedys" - have lived at "The Castle" in Villar Perosa since the 19th century, while deceased former club chairman Gianni Agnelli was town mayor between 1945 and 1980.
The five-time Ballon d'Or victor had been given a bit of extra time off to recover after his World Cup campaign with Portugal.
Such is the enthusiasm for Ronaldo's debut, that special security measures have been drafted in the town for the match, including a complete ban on the sale of alcohol from Saturday. But things could be about to get even better for Juventus fans, with Marcelo being heavily linked with a switch.
Ronaldo was also crucial in Real Madrid's two-time Copa del Rey and identical number of times UEFA Super Cup title victory.
Rare teeth from ancient mega-shark found on Australia beach
The ancient shark was believed to grow up to about 9 meters (30 feet) long, double the size of a great white shark. That cartilage does not easily decompose, which is why individual shark tooth fossils are somewhat common.
Asensio, with his third goal of the preseason, opened the scoring just two minutes into the contest.
However Juve's closest recent challengers - Napoli and Roma - have sold important players this summer, and Napoli has to adapt to new coach Carlo Ancelotti following talismanic Maurizio Sarri's departure and subsequent move to Chelsea.
The Portuguese worldwide will arrive in Turin as the Ballon d'Or holder and there is hope within the Bianconeri that he is the talent that can finally make the difference in their Champions League efforts. The Portuguese will earn in Turin for 30 million euros a year for four seasons.
However, his former teammate, Marcelo is hoping to reunite with the former Manchester United star in Turin before the start of the new season.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be missed by Real Madrid as a new-look side takes shape under Julen Lopetegui, Dani Ceballos has said.
- Newcastle 1-2 Tottenham: Dele Alli scores victor for visitors
- Kanye West Drops New Song, ‘XTCY’
- Emery Expects Tough Arsenal, City Premier League Debut
- Wolves break Premier League record
- Chelsea have Premier League title advantage over Man City and Liverpool
- Turkey's president: United States waging "economic war" against Turkey
- Four Ex-Nike Employees Sue Company For Gender Discrimination
- President Trump Issues Statement Ahead of Deadly Charlottesville Anniversary
- Mechanic steals empty plane from Seattle's airport, crashes
- Maurizio Sarri reveals why Chelsea star left Stamford Bridge on deadline day