Andre Gomes also joined Everton in a loan deal from Barcelona and Silva felt a temporary deal for his compatriot was too good to resist.
Another player Everton signed in the summer transfer window is Colombia global central defender Yerry Mina.
Philippe Coutinho has switched from the No14 shirt he wore after arriving in January last season to No7.
U.S. tariffs hike adds to Turkey's economic problems
He tweeted , "Our relations with Turkey are not good at this time! ". "The US runs the risk of losing Turkey as a whole". A Turkish delegation visited Washington for talks this week but left with no signs of a breakthrough.
Everton filed a deal sheet ahead of Thursday's 5pm deadline, but concerns were raised when no announcement was made this morning despite expectations that the transfer would be completed.
"I don't want to talk only about him because the market is the market".
Silva has been desperate to bolster Everton's defence all summer and had been linked with a number of targets, such as Manchester United's Marcus Rojo and Newcastle's Jamaal Lascelles, but Mina was his top target. We have bought Mina and Zouma is coming on loan. "It is a new league for me, the beginning is always tough but I am sure the coach and my new team-mates will help me and I am looking forward to a great season".
He was loaned to Stoke the following summer and appeared in 34 Premier League games but could not prevent the Potters finishing with the joint-worst defensive record in the division and suffering relegation.
- Djokovic, Nadal advance despite Toronto rain
- Wolves break Premier League record
- Rare teeth from ancient mega-shark found on Australia beach
- Ronaldo in hospital in Ibiza with pneumonia
- Four Ex-Nike Employees Sue Company For Gender Discrimination
- Idris Elba Posts Cryptic References to Bond Amid Casting Rumors
- 2nd Unite the Right rally happening in Washington Sunday
- Sunil Gavaskar unable to attend Imran Khan’s oath-taking ceremony
- Boris Johnson faces Conservative Party investigation over burka comments
- Maurizio Sarri hints at early Chelsea struggle