The case against the cricketer-turned-politician was filed after Geo News, in a report, claimed that the former KP government, headed by PTI's Pervez Khattak, spent a whopping amount on Khan's travel at the government's expense.
Imran Khan, who will be taking the oath as the prime minister of Pakistan on August 18, was on Friday gifted a bat signed by the Indian cricket team.
"Indian HC Ajay Bisaria called on Mr Imran Khan, Chairperson & senior leadership of PTI".
In January, U.S President Donald Trump further strained relations with a withering attack on Pakistan on Twitter, accusing Pakistan of playing a "double game" on fighting terrorism and vowing a tougher approach. Khan retired from worldwide cricket after captaining the national team to glory in the 1992 World Cup in Down Under.
Kanye West Drops New Song, ‘XTCY’
This had been the first time West appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live , five years after their Twitter feud. West said he initially feared the reaction from the decision, but finally came clean in April.
The PTI's parliamentary committee on Monday had officially named party chairman Khan as their parliamentary leader and nominee for the next prime minister of Pakistan.
He stressed the need for revitalisation of diplomatic ties between the two countries and transforming the relationship for each other's benefit. He also expressed concern over alleged human rights violations in the Valley, Pakistani media reported.
Mr Khan said: "I am glad that people in the U.S. have ultimately started acknowledging significance of political solution as conflict and use of force can add to the damages instead of breeding a sustainable solution to the crisis". "India desires progressive relations with Pakistan", the Indian PM was quoted as saying.
Earlier, in his victory speech, Khan had also offered to build good ties with India.
"Imran Khan has sent invitations to his old friends Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Navjot Singh Sidhu for his oath-taking ceremony", he said, adding that Gavasakar may not be able to attend the ceremony because he is working as a commentator in South Africa.
- Koepka takes 2-shot lead at PGA Championship
- Pogba tight-lipped over United situation for fear of being fined
- Omarosa's book marks stunning turn-around for a former top aide
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3: Hosts lose openers Jennings, Cook
- Pogba leads Manchester United to winning Premier League start
- Turkey turmoil rattles Wall Street, banks take a knock
- President Trump Issues Statement Ahead of Deadly Charlottesville Anniversary
- British pound falls lower against dollar, euro
- NASA Launches Mission to 'Touch the Sun'
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker: 'I want to justify price-tag'