Discord is launching their own online game store! These initial users were randomly selected for the beta in order to test out the new features before the service eventually launches for all 150 million Discord users. "Nitro was our attempt at cosmetics, now we're adding games to that subscription and building a retail store too". While this is a far stretch from the wild west that is typically seen on the Steam store, the Discord store is still in its infancy.
The new store, announced alongside a major upgrade to Discord -Nitro-, will feature a customizable selection and suggestion system; moderated by a dedicated team as well as the community. If you opt in, Discord will scan your computer for games and let you launch any game through the service. Now available titles include Super Meat Boy and Saints Row: The Third, among others. The subscribers of its monthly service will get to play a variety of games that are curated by the platform.
Notably, the store will also support "First on Discord" titles, which are exclusive indie offerings that Discord has helped bring to life.
"For many people like us, you grew up during a time when there were a relatively small amount of games being released", the company explains about the new service, which costs $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year.
England ace Chris Woakes boasts absurdly low Test average at Lord's
Recalled to the side in place of Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara fell in familiar fashion after a mix-up with Virat Kohli .
Discord thinks that kind of thing could "reduce clutter" and make it easier to find the kind of game you want.
A full list of Nitro games and games available on the Discord storefront can be found below.
The new store will also try to sell indie games exclusively through a "First on Discord" program. This will also serve as a discovery service that will promote games with a boutique feel according to the announcement.
Discord's store will be lead "more by friendships and playing together" rather "than what is now available in the ecosystem". "So we want to provide them with a frictionless way to get into games with friends". The time period will usually last for 90 days before developers are allowed to sell their games on whatever platforms they want. "That's how we fit in differently than other stores out there, ours is driven more by friendships and playing together than what is now available in the ecosystem".
- Crocs footwear is closing plants, outsourcing manufacturing
- Trump’s Space Force may be mimicked by foreign adversaries: Capt. Scott Kelly
- Deflategate, Howard Eskin, Steelers
- Hurricane Hector is coming to Hawaii
- Ahead of Charlottesville Anniversary Rally, Virginia Declares State of Emergency
- Alaska Airlines reports stolen aircraft, witnesses report chase
- Paul Pogba posts cryptic message on Instagram after Manchester United win
- Elon Musk and Tesla: Tweet, rattle and roll
- Mourinho hails Pogba performance in Leicester win
- Arsenal interested in former City defender who reportedly rejects Old Trafford move