Leicester City manager Claude Puel has to decide whether to include Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire for their Premier League opener against Manchester United on Friday night according to the BBC Sport website.
Discussions have reportedly taken place between the two clubs regarding the 25-year-old, who starred for England at this summer's World Cup as Gareth Southgate's side reached the semi-finals. "I am happy with the performance to make this game in this condition, it's encouraging for the future." he commended his center-back.
Kasper Schmeichel has played for Leicester City since 2011.
Puel: I am happy to keep Harry [Maguire] and all our best players.
"We dominated this game with good play and a lot of chances".
Chelsea have Premier League title advantage over Man City and Liverpool
MF Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 6 - Replaced Barkley in the 68th minute and brought a more physical presence to Chelsea's midfield. Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri insists that he is not looking to replicate his Napoli style at Stamford Bridge.
The Premier League transfer window may now be closed, but that's not the case in Spain.
"When he came back after the World Cup he could maybe feel nearly cocky".
"We lost Riyad Mahrez, who was a very valuable player for us, so it was important to keep our best players and have good additions to the squad".
"It's a good feeling, it was the first time last season I came to a club in the middle of the season without preparation or pre-season friendly games to prepare something", he added.
"It has been a hard pre-season with all the worldwide players coming back step by step and without the good levels and freshness necessary to play 90 minutes".
"For us it (a Maguire transfer) is not possible".
Leicester City host newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanders on next week Saturday in their next game at the King Power Stadium.
- Mechanic steals empty plane from Seattle's airport, crashes
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3: Hosts lose openers Jennings, Cook
- Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth Are Causing Star Trek 4 Problems
- Pogba tight-lipped over United situation for fear of being fined
- NASA Launches Mission to 'Touch the Sun'
- Pogba leads Manchester United to winning Premier League start
- President Trump Issues Statement Ahead of Deadly Charlottesville Anniversary
- Tsitsipas upsets Djokovic to reach Rogers Cup quarterfinals
- Florida police union rescinds ticket discounts amid NFL National Anthem protests
- Nasa spacecraft heads to sun for closest look yet