They might not have set the world alight, but Manchester United's 2-1 win over Leicester on Friday night was still a significant result and performance.
"You can't sort of fall back and think "I'm changing my mind" - you've gone too far".
Less than a month since Pogba scored in the World Cup final to help France lift the trophy, he was thrown straight into action by Mourinho despite just returning to pre-season training this week.
'We have to wait for end of November, beginning of December to understand how things are going and if we can fight for the title.
"But I told the players we had very good periods, we had lots of glimpses of the football we wanted to play".
Mourinho left no doubt as to how much he valued Pogba's efforts on the night, adding: "Paul was fantastic - his contribution was incredible".
Kerala floods : Heavy rains, landslides claim 20 lives
More than 10,000 people have been shifted to 157 relief camps across the state in the last two days, the government said. Earlier, Vijayan, while talking to media, said rains have caused extensive damage to life and property across the state.
'Forget the name, the history, the shirt, every match is hard'.
Pogba has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona in recent weeks, amid suggestions that he was disappointed by Mourinho's faint praise of his achievement as he played a pivotal role in helping France win the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
Pogba overruled Alexis Sanchez when United were awarded an early penalty despite the protestations of his teammate.
'He is the first choice, ' added Mourinho. "We just want to go up and that's it".
"(Picking Pogba) was not hard, the decision belonged to him. The players gave everything, they gave what they had.
'The manager puts names out, after that it is how we feel, ' he said. "Like I always say, I always give my best for the fans, for my team-mates, for the people that trust me".
On top of his transfer troubles, Mourinho had a host of injuries and players lacking match sharpness after the World Cup to contend with. "Even tonight, I know I can be better and that is what I want to keep showing the manager".
- Kroenke set for full ownership of Arsenal after Usmanov deal
- This Weekend Is The Perseid Meteor Show - Viewing Conditions Will Be Perfect
- Ahead of Charlottesville Anniversary Rally, Virginia Declares State of Emergency
- Erdogan says attempts to exert economic pressure on Turkey futile
- Zimbabwe Opposition Lodges Appeal Against Election Result
- Paul Pogba posts cryptic message on Instagram after Manchester United win
- Manchester United prepared to pay £100m for Real Madrid's Raphael Varane?
- Jim Furyk says Tiger Woods still in running for Ryder Cup
- PGA Championship: Tiger Woods flirting with cut line
- Paul Pogba inspires winning start for Manchester United and Jose Mourinho