A high surf warning has been issued for east shores of the Big Island in anticipation of the impacts of Hurricane Hector.
Hurricane Hector has maximum sustained winds of 130 miles per hour (215 kph) with stronger gusts possible.
Hurricane-force winds will extend outward up to 40 miles (65km) from the centre and tropical-storm-force winds will extend up to 115 miles (185km). Slight weakening is forecast during the next couple of days.
John, which absorbed a tropical storm called Ileana, is already dumping heavy rain on states in western Mexico, the National Water Commission said.
Trump’s Space Force may be mimicked by foreign adversaries: Capt. Scott Kelly
The vice president mentioned four major, fundamental steps that the USA government will take to create a Space Force . And yes, one of these just says " Mars awaits " even though presumably the Space Force is not just about Mars.
A tropical storm warning was in place Wednesday for the Big Island with gusty winds, rain and unsafe surf possible.
Interests on Johnston Island should monitor the progress of Hector. "However, very rough surf is expected to impact mostly south- and east-facing coastal areas of the Big Island. The strongest winds are expected down the slope of the mountains, across elevated terrain, over headlands, and through gaps".
According to Hawaii News Now, a high surf warning has been issued for east-facing shores of Hawaii Island for 12-13 foot waves and for east-facing shores of Maui for six to 10 feet surf in effect from 6 pm Wednesday.
Swells generated by Hector will bring large and risky surf to portions of the main Hawaiian islands through tonight. "Hector will exit the region by Friday, with typical summertime trade wind weather pattern expected this weekend".
- Paul Pogba posts cryptic message on Instagram after Manchester United win
- Zimbabwe Opposition Lodges Appeal Against Election Result
- Deflategate, Howard Eskin, Steelers
- Manchester United prepared to pay £100m for Real Madrid's Raphael Varane?
- Lionel Messi named Barcelona captain for 2018/19 season
- California wildfires raging perilously close to thousands of homes
- Ahead of Charlottesville Anniversary Rally, Virginia Declares State of Emergency
- Alaska Airlines reports stolen aircraft, witnesses report chase
- José Mourinho takes aim at Manchester United’s board
- Kroenke set for full ownership of Arsenal after Usmanov deal