In a letter submitted to the San Antonio Express-News, Leonard thanked Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, his teammates, and the "passionate" Spurs fan base.
It's interesting to note that while Leonard said he's "looking forward to the next chapter" of his career, he didn't specifically mention his new city, or his new team.
"Through all the ups and downs - I'm glad there were many more ups!"
Shortly after a meeting between Leonard and Popovich, the Spurs moved the two-time National Basketball Association defensive player of the year to the Raptors. - I'll never forget what we shared and accomplished together.
THANK YOU to the fans!
Michael Moore Calls Trump the Last POTUS in ‘Fahrenheit 11/9’ Documentary
Moore correctly predicted that Trump would win the White House by scoring the states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 is a provocative and comedic look at the times in which we live.
Gay says what separates the Spurs from other organizations and executives - including the subject to his subtext, Raptors president Masai Ujiri - was demonstrated in the circumstances that brought DeRozan to San Antonio.
There was speculation that Leonard would not play for Toronto, as his preference was to head to Los Angeles and play for the Lakers.
It's been approximately three weeks since the San Antonio Spurs and Toronto Raptors agreed to the blockbuster trade that sent Kawhi Leonard north of the border, and the former NBA Finals MVP has remained silent about the move until today.
Leonard, 27, had an impressive seven-year run with San Antonio with two All-NBA First Team selections, two Defensive Player of the Year awards and a championship in 2014.
Kawhi Leonard hasn't spoken publicly in months, as he last met with the media prior to his self-imposed exile from the Spurs to NY to rehab his quad injury.
- Japanese automakers Suzuki, Mazda and Yamaha admit false emissions data
- God of War New Game+ Arrives in August 2018
- Seahawks remain in tunnel during national anthem
- Abby Huntsman to depart Fox for ABC's 'The View'
- Japanese Medical School Confirms Changing Exam Scores to Keep Women Out
- Henderson in contention for opener, says Klopp
- Ohio State Opens Practice But Keeps Coaches, Players Away
- How to watch the PGA Championship on Eleven Sports
- Melania Trump’s parents sworn in as USA citizens
- College basketball coach threw punch killing NYC tourist