Cam Newton and Kelvin Benjamin did not sort out their disagreement on Thursday. The Buffalo Bills wideout claimed the Panthers were "bad" for him and that he wished he'd started his career with a more "accurate" quarterback. Benjamin answered questions about the exchange by saying he was "moving on", although when asked what Newton said to him, Benjamin responded, "I don't know". The receiver's numbers didn't improve after being thrown into a passing game that ranked 20th in the National Football League last season, finishing his first campaign with the Bills with 217 yards on 16 catches with one touchdown and two games missed with a torn meniscus. It just felt like I wasn't in that position.
Now, it was time to face said quarterback and this is how it went down.
On the other side of the ball, Cam Newton made it his business to confront his former receiver, Kelvin Benjamin.
Kawhi thanks SA in 1st statement since trade
There was speculation that Leonard would not play for Toronto, as his preference was to head to Los Angeles and play for the Lakers.
Benjamin had been pretty critical of the Panthers star in a recent interview.
During individual warmups about an hour and a half before the game, a photographer from The Charlotte Observer captured Newton approaching Benjamin as he spoke with former teammate and current Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. "I should've never went to Carolina".
- Barcelona 'insert £54m buy-back clause' into Yerry Mina's Everton deal
- Showtime chief says risk paid off with Sacha Baron Cohen TV show
- God of War New Game+ Arrives in August 2018
- Brad Pitt: I've given Angelina Jolie $9m since split
- North Korea threatens to stall denuclearization in warning to US
- Mina, Gomes: Everton sign Barça pair, plus Shakhtar's Bernard
- Japanese Medical School Confirms Changing Exam Scores to Keep Women Out
- How to watch the PGA Championship on Eleven Sports
- U.S. hits Russian Federation with sanctions over nerve agent attack in Britain
- See Baker Mayfield’s first touchdown pass with Browns