You don't have to set an alarm to get up to see the stars, because from 10.30pm - long before the peak - there is also a very good chance of seeing the shower. The meteor shower can be seen until August 24, according to NASA.
Comets are large, icy solar system bodies.
The meteors create a spectacular light show as they burn up in our atmosphere and travel around 37 miles per second so don't blink you might miss it.
"At the end of the day, these are just small dust particles entering the atmosphere and burning up". And the point in the sky from which the Perseids seem to come - also known as their radiant - is the constellation Perseus.
Meteors of the Perseid meteor shower in 2017.
Each year, Earth passes through the dust trail of Comet Swift-Tuttle, resulting in visible meteor showers.
Bernard joins Everton on four-year deal
The Toffees take on newcomers, Wolves, in their first match of the 2018-19 Premier League season on Saturday, 11th August. Everton have confirmed the signing of Brazil worldwide Bernard on a free transfer.
During the Perseid meteor showers, most visible across the USA on Sunday, Aug. 12 and Monday, people may witness 50 to 100 meteors per hour in clear, summer night skies.
This week, the possibility of seeing shooting stars increases significantly, as we run up to the zenith of the annual Perseids meteor shower.
Each year from about July 23 to August 22, but the shower peaks, with the most meteors per hour, on the night of August 11, 12, or 13.
Although the meteor shower is considered the best of the year in some parts of the country, it turns out Chicago is not the best place to catch glimpses of glittering showers of space matter. So the best direction to watch is wherever your sky is darkest, usually straight up. The best viewing time: between midnight and dawn, when more than 50 meteors per hour will streak across the night sky.
If you're out at night, even in August, the temperature can get quite chilly, so dress accordingly and take extra warm layers even if it doesn't feel cold when you head out.
- Wrong Tommy Fleetwood gets paid over US$150000 for Open Championship
- Forensic Accountant Next Up in Manafort Trial as Gates Ends Testimony
- 'It doesn't make sense': Met Éireann rejects UK Met Office forecast
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Argentina's Senate rejects bill to legalise abortion
- Everton expected to sign Barcelona's Andre Gomes on loan
- Tribune Media files suit, terminates Sinclair tie-up deal
- Transfer: Four Arsenal players who have failed to impress Unai Emery revealed
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Russia Warns of Severe Consequences if Georgia Joins NATO