PlayStation systems have sold over 500 million units worldwide, and Sony is celebrating by releasing a limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro. You can also purchase the 500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4 separately for $65.
Inside is a 2TB hard drive and it will be made available for $499.99/$639.99 CAD/€499.
Va. to Allow Troops Overseas to Vote in Midterms by Mobile Phones
To vote, users must first register by taking a photo of their government-issued ID and a selfie-style video of their face. This isn't meant to replace traditional balloting and troops will be able to cast paper ballots instead if they so prefer.
If you aren't going to purchase the limited edition console but like the translucent look, Sony will make the "500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4" controller available for $64.99, along with a "500 Million Limited Edition Gold Wireless Headset" for $99.99. As of now, there isn't a definitive list of what retailers will carry it, but you will want to check the PlayStation.com website for further details in the near future.
While Sony has not said how many will be sold worldwide, the 500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4 and Gold Wireless Headset will also be available in small quantities. The limited console is a translucent blue color with sleek copper accents that brings to mind the streak of translucent consoles, controllers, and handhelds that graced the '90s and early '00s. Actually, combined PSOne, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita sales are significantly over 500 million - the brand has moved a whopping 525.3 million units to date. The North American PlayStation Blog says the controller and headset will appear in stores in early September 2018. This particular variant, which is created to celebrate PlayStation's achievement of reaching 525.3 million units of hardware worldwide, comes with translucent body.
Video game stories from other sites on the web.
- Russia Warns of Severe Consequences if Georgia Joins NATO
- Argentina's Senate rejects bill to legalise abortion
- At least 91 dead, hundreds injured after quake rocks Indonesia
- 'It doesn't make sense': Met Éireann rejects UK Met Office forecast
- Kenya: DONE DEAL: Arsenal striker joins West Ham | The Standard - Kenya
- The Academy Announces Changes To The Oscars, Adds A New Category
- Ben Schwartz is the new voice of Sonic The Hedgehog
- I didn't want my ethnicity to define my role: Priyanka Chopra
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Vidal Excited to Play With Messi After 'Dream' Barcelona Move