The drug was previously successful in containing an outbreak in the northwest of the country.
In the latest outbreak, declared last week, 43 people are believed to have been infected in North Kivu province, including 33 who have died, the United Nations health agency said.
It said Ebola Virus Disease rapid diagnostic tests have been provided to the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo proclaimed the end of the ninth outbreak of the dreaded Ebola virus on Tuesday, July 24, during a press conference in Kinshasa.
But the new outbreak in the East of the DRC is on track to dwarf the one that sparked worldwide panic in earlier this summer in the North West.
Iran's Foreign Minister Zarif: US will not stop Iran oil exports
Turkey buys an estimated 9.5bn cubic metres of gas from Iran. "The Americans have assembled a war room against Iran", he said. But that has proven hard , and European companies have quit Iran, arguing that they can not risk their US business.
That outbreak more than 2,500 kilometres away had 33 confirmed Ebola deaths. "Teams are conducting investigations on the ground to identify the contacts of the confirmed cases, including health workers", he says.
Testing by the Institut National de Recherche Biomédicale has suggested that the virus causing this outbreak belongs to the Ebola Zaire species.
A cross border meeting was also held to devise means of reducing the risks of the disease spread. The major barrier will be safely accessing the affected population'.
One of the biggest difficulties is geographical this time around: North Kivu Province borders Rwanda and Uganda, hosts more than 1 million displaced people, and has been the scene of intermittent fighting for decades. He says 30 World Health Organization staff members have been deployed to the area and more experts are on the way.
"Current response focus includes contact tracing, infection prevention and control, particularly as regards health facilities; isolation and care of patients (and) outreach to communities", reads the WHO statement.
- 'Friends' Guest Star Kathleen Turner Slams 'Unwelcoming' And 'Cliquey' Cast
- China defends Iran business ties after Trump threat
- New AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs Unveiled: 32-Core Chip Is $1,800
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Call Out Younes Bendjima for Cheating
- No guarantee of Tottenham signings - Pochettino
- Google Pixel 3 XL just leaked in an unboxing video
- Toto Wolff - Niki Lauda recovery is 'not a race'
- Adama Traore joins Wolves in club-record £18m deal
- Ben Stokes 'was main aggressor in nightclub fight'
- Russia Appoints Actor Steven Seagal to Help With U.S. Diplomatic Relations